Thermionic Culture Snow Petrel Preamp
The Thermionic Culture Snow Petrel Preamp is is a two-channel microphone preamp designed for Ribbon Microphones.
Unveil the beauty of your favorite ribbon microphones in the most natural way, revealing sparkling clear highs down to harmonically rich lows. Designed originally for use with the Coles 4038 as a super-clean low noise unit, after extensive field tests in UK, Norway and France, Thermionic Culture found it sounds exceptional with ANY ribbon microphone.
Thermionic Culture Snow Petrel Preamp Features
- Extra-low noise valves with NO solid state impurities in the audio path;
- Sowter's VERY special balancing transformers for the inputs and outputs;
- Higher than usual input impedance to preserve clarity;
- Hi/Lo Pad switches to tailor the input impedance to suit individual mics;
- +48V Phantom power available;
- All valve Class A amplification;
- Controls include Switched Gain, from 40 to 75dB; HPF to reduce 'proximity effect' and 'Air' to add that extra clarity;
- Housed in a 2U 19" rack mounted unit.
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review