Thermionic Culture Earlybird 4 Microphone Preamp
The Thermionic Culture Earlybird 4 Microphone Preamp, 4 channels of extremely high quality tube preamplification.
Thermionic Culture Earlybird 4 Microphone Preamp Details
The Thermionic Culture Earlybird 4 Microphone Preamp contains 4 channels of extremely high quality valve pre-amplification. Originally made in black in 1999, this is a special â??revivalâ? limited edition in red (limited to 49 only). As the individual channel circuitry in this version of the Earlybird has been simplified in order to provide 4 channels in one 19â? unit, so the individual channel specifications have risen. Thus making this the most natural sounding, high quality version of the Earlybird preamp to date.
Effectively giving the user the cleanest possible valve gain with a range from 3dB to 62dB and a switchable input impedance to help in matching the unit with different microphones. This is one of Thermionic Cultureâ??s all handwired products with point to point wiring throughout. The circuit design utilises a â??push pullâ?? â??class Aâ?? type of valve amplification in order to provide ultimately clean gain, giving the lowest noise and distortion figures possible in a microphone amplifier.
The input and output transformers have received special attention and by working together with Sowter transformers, designs have been created that bring better results than ever before. The lowest phase shift and highest headroom are both benefits brought by these designs.
Itâ??s unusual to hear a mic amp with the Earlybird 4â??s qualities and after years of improvements Vic Keary proudly declares this â??The best, most real mic. amp ever â?. Hopefully that on hearing the unitâ??s beautiful results yourself, you will agree with Vic.
The pair of VU meters show the signal levels for 2 selectable channels. VU meter A is switchable between channels 1 and 3. VU meter B is switchable between channels 2 or 4. 4 red LEDs light up when the output of the amplifiers exceeds +10 dBm, though donâ??t worry â?" thereâ??s still 20dB of headroom left in the Earlybird!
Thermionic Culture Earlybird 4 Microphone Preamp Features
- 4 Channels of extremely high quality push pull' 'class A' type of valve pre amplification.
- Clean gain, giving the lowest noise and distortion figures possible in a mic. Amp.
- Hand wired with point to point wiring throughout.
- Lowest phase shift and highest headroom.
- Controls on each channel
- Switchable input impedance to help in matching the unit with different microphones.
- Switchable 48V phantom power .
- Switched gain 42 dB to 62 dB, 20dB pad.
- 2 position high pass filter.
- Variable output trim with phase inverter.
- Vu meters switchable between channels.
- Peak overload indicators.
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review