The Telefunken Elektroakustik M60 Microphone is a small diaphragm, phantom-powered solid-state condenser microphone designed for use in both the live sound reinforcement and studio environments. The M60 FET system consists of two main components: the M60 FET amplifier and the TK60 Series capsule.
The Telefunken Elektroakustik M60 Microphone includes one M60 amplifier paired with a TK60 cardioid polar pattern capsule. The Telefunken Elektroakustik TK60 features a 6-micron gold-sputtered membrane measuring 15mm in diameter, with a surprisingly full low end, and a quick and accurate transient response. The frequency response is flat from 150 Hz to 7 kHz, with a smooth, airy presence peak at 8 kHz making it ideal for drum overheads, hi-hat and ride cymbals, piano, acoustic guitar, and other acoustic instruments.
The Telefunken Elektroakustik M60 FET’s incredibly quick transient response captures nuances and subtleties with impressive precision and clarity. This results in an extremely detailed sonic image with definition and presence, perfectly suited for the complex character of stringed instruments and percussive sources.
Utilizing a unique proprietary circuit topology, this re-interpretation of the classic FET mic amplifier produces an exceptional transient response and SPL handling capabilities. Carefully selected and tested components are hand-plugged into gold-plated circuit board traces to provide an ultra-clean true Class A discrete amplifier with a frequency response of +/- 2dB from 20 Hz to 50 kHz. The output is matched with a custom American-made transformer that offers an especially low self-noise and a typical THD+N of 0.015% or better, making it ideal for critical recording applications.
The Telefunken Elektroakustik M60 FET amplifier body is finished in a durable, lightly textured black powder coat adorned with the historic TELEFUNKEN diamond badge. The microphone’s XLR connector shell complements the look with a matte black nickel-plated finish engraved with the model and serial number. The TK6x capsules feature a bright nickel-plated enclosure with a fine gold mesh pattern.
Telefunken Elektroakustik M60 Microphone Features
- M60 FET amplifier paired with a TK60 cardioid polar pattern capsule
- 6-Micron gold-sputtered membrane measuring 15mm in diameter
- Surprisingly full low end, and a quick and accurate transient response
- Captures nuances and subtleties with impressive precision and clarity
- Perfectly suited for the complex character of stringed instruments and percussive sources
Telefunken Elektroakustik M60 Microphone Specifications
- Type: Pressure Gradient Condenser
- Capsule: TK60 - 15 mm Edge Terminated Diaphragm
- Tube Type: Active FET Transistor (No Vacuum Tube)
- Transformer: Custom Wound TELEFUNKEN T61CT
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 31.5 kHz, ± 2 dB (Amplifier)
- Sensitivity: 8.6 mV/PA, ± 1dB
- THD at 1kHZ at 1Pa (Amplifier): < 0.01%
- Output Impedance: 120 O
- Maximum SPL (for 1% THD): > 130 dB
- S/N Ratio: > 89 dBA
- Self Noise (Amplifier): = 5 dBA
- Dimensions: 140 mm L x 21 mm Dia
- Weight: 110 g
- Current Draw: 2 mA
- Power Requirement: +48 VDC Phantom Power
Telefunken Elektroakustik M60 Microphone Includes
- 1 x Telefunken Elektroakustik M60 FET Cardioid Microphone
- 1 x SGMC-5R - 5 Meter (16.9 ft) Cable, Right Angle Female 3 Pin XLR, 3 Pin Male XLR
- 1 x M 961 - Suspended Elastic Mount
- 1 x ZC62 - Soft Foam Zip Case for Stereo Set
- 1 x User Manual
- 1 Year Warranty