The Telefunken Elektroakustik M60 Microphone Stereo Set comes with two identical M60 FET amplifiers paired with a matched set of TK60 cardioid polar pattern capsules, ideal for drum overheads, hi-hat and ride cymbals, piano, acoustic guitar, and other acoustic instruments.
The Telefunken Elektroakustik M60 Microphone features a 6-micron gold-sputtered membrane measuring 15mm in diameter, with a surprisingly full low end, and a quick and accurate transient response. The frequency response is flat from 150 Hz to 7 kHz, with a smooth, airy presence peak at 8 kHz.
With a matched set of TK60 cardioid polar pattern capsules, the Telefunken Electroakustik M60 FET's sensitivity and clarity result in an extremely detailed sonic image with definition and presence, perfectly suited for the complex character of stringed instruments and percussive sources.
Utilizing a unique proprietary circuit topology, this re-interpretation of the classic FET mic amplifier produces an exceptional transient response and SPL handling capabilities. Carefully selected and tested components are hand-plugged into gold-plated circuit board traces to provide an ultra-clean true Class A discrete amplifier with a frequency response of +/- 2dB from 20 Hz to 50 kHz. The output is matched with a custom American-made transformer that offers an especially low self-noise and a typical THD+N of 0.015% or better, making it ideal for critical recording applications.
The Telefunken Electroakustik M60 FET amplifier body is finished in a durable, lightly textured black powder coat adorned with the historic TELEFUNKEN diamond badge. The microphone's XLR connector shell complements the look with a matte black nickel-plated finish engraved with the model and serial number. The TK60 capsules feature a bright nickel-plated enclosure with a fine gold mesh pattern.
Telefunken Elektroakustik M60 Microphone Stereo Set Features
- Two identical M60 FET amplifiers paired with a matched set of TK60 cardioid polar pattern capsules
- 6-Micron gold-sputtered membrane measuring 15mm in diameter
- Surprisingly full low end, and a quick and accurate transient response
- Captures nuances and subtleties with impressive precision and clarity
- Perfectly suited for the complex character of stringed instruments and percussive sources
Telefunken Elektroakustik M60 Microphone Stereo Set Specifications
- Type: Pressure Gradient Condenser
- Capsule: TK60 - 15 mm Edge Terminated Diaphragm
- Tube Type: Active FET Transistor (No Vacuum Tube)
- Transformer: Custom Wound TELEFUNKEN T61CT
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 31.5 kHz, ± 2 dB (Amplifier)
- Sensitivity: 8.6 mV/PA, ± 1dB
- THD at 1kHZ at 1Pa (Amplifier): < 0.01%
- Output Impedance: 120 O
- Maximum SPL (for 1% THD): > 130 dB
- S/N Ratio: > 89 dBA
- Self Noise (Amplifier): = 5 dBA
- Dimensions: 140 mm L x 21 mm Dia (Per Mic)
- Weight: 110 g (Per Mic)
- Current Draw: 2 mA
- Power Requirement: +48 VDC Phantom Power
Telefunken Elektroakustik M60 Microphone Stereo Set Includes
- Stereo Pair of Telefunken Elektroakustik M60 FET Cardioid Microphone
- 2x SGMC-5R - 5 Meter (16.9 ft) Cable, Right Angle Female 3 Pin XLR, 3 Pin Male XLR
- 2x M 961 - Suspended Elastic Mount
- 1x ZC62 - Soft Foam Zip Case for Stereo Set
- 2x Foam Windscreens
- 1 x User Manual
- 1 Year Warranty