Telefunken Elektroakustik M62 Microphone
The Telefunken Elektroakustik M62 Microphone is a small diaphragm, phantom-powered solid-state condenser microphone designed for use on cymbals, percussion, and as a stereo pair for live performance recording. It comes with an M60 amplifier paired with a TK62 hypercardioid polar pattern capsule.
The Telefunken Elektroakustik M62 Microphone's capsule TK62 features a 6-micron gold-sputtered membrane measuring 15 mm in diameter, with a surprisingly full low end, and a quick and accurate transient response. The TK62 provides a hypercardioid pattern flat in response from 150 Hz to 3 kHz, with a dip at 6 kHz and a smooth, airy presence peak at 8 kHz. This tightened polar pattern is great for use on cymbals, percussion, and as a stereo pair for live performance recording.
The Telefunken Elektroakustik M60 FET’s incredibly quick transient response captures nuances and subtleties with impressive precision and clarity. This results in an extremely detailed sonic image with definition and presence, perfectly suited for the complex character of stringed instruments and percussive sources.
Utilizing a unique proprietary circuit topology, this re-interpretation of the classic FET mic amplifier produces an exceptional transient response and SPL handling capabilities. Carefully selected and tested components are hand-plugged into gold-plated circuit board traces to provide an ultra-clean true Class A discrete amplifier with a frequency response of +/- 2dB from 20 Hz to 50 kHz. The output is matched with a custom American-made transformer that offers an especially low self-noise and a typical THD+N of 0.015% or better, making it ideal for critical recording applications.
The Telefunken Elektroakustik M60 FET amplifier body is finished in a durable, lightly textured black powder coat adorned with the historic TELEFUNKEN diamond badge. The microphone’s XLR connector shell complements the look with a matte black nickel-plated finish engraved with the model and serial number. The TK6x capsules feature a bright nickel-plated enclosure with a fine gold mesh pattern.
Telefunken Elektroakustik M62 Microphone Features
- M60 FET amplifier with a small diaphragm TK62 hypercardioid capsule
- 6-Micron gold-sputtered membrane measuring 15mm in diameter
- Surprisingly full low end, and a quick and accurate transient response
- Captures nuances and subtleties with impressive precision and clarity
- Perfectly suited for the complex character of stringed instruments and percussive sources
- Great for use on cymbals, percussion, and as a stereo pair for live performance recording
Telefunken Elektroakustik M62 Microphone Specifications
- Type: Pressure Gradient Condenser
- Capsule: TK62 - 15 mm Edge Terminated Diaphragm
- Tube Type: Active FET Transistor (No Vacuum Tube)
- Transformer: Custom Wound Telefunken T61CT
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 31.5 kHz, ± 2 dB (Amplifier)
- Sensitivity: 8.6 mV/PA, ± 1dB
- THD at 1kHZ at 1Pa (Amplifier): < 0.01%
- Output Impedance: 120 Ohm
- Maximum SPL (for 1% THD): > 130 dB
- S/N Ratio: > 89 dBA
- Self Noise (Amplifier): = 5 dBA
- Dimensions: 140 mm L x 21 mm Dia
- Weight: 110 g
- Current Draw: 2 mA
- Power Requirement: +48 VDC Phantom Power
Telefunken Elektroakustik M62 Microphone Includes
- 1 x Telefunken Elektroakustik M60 FET Amplifier
- 1 x TK62 Hypercardioid Capsule
- 1 x SGMC-5R - 5 Meter (16.9 ft) Cable, Right Angle Female 3 Pin XLR, 3 Pin Male XLR
- 1 x M 761 - Suspended Elastic Mounts
- 1 x Small Foam Windscreen
- 1 x ZC61 - Soft Foam Zip Case
- 1 x User Manual
- 1 Year Warranty
Telefunken Elektroakustik M62 Microphone Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review