Steinberg Groove Agent 5
The Steinberg Groove Agent 5 is the best creative drum software designed for both songwriters and beat producers. While inspiring with a new high-end acoustic drum kit, and tons of fresh drums for EDM, Trap as well as Future Bass, the Groove Agent 5 works with VST AAX, and AU in nearly any DAW.
The Steinberg Groove Agent 5 includes the very best of electronic and acoustic drums. One of the most detailed acoustic drum kits ever featured in Steinberg Groove Agent 5 sits alongside a wide variety of percussion, modern electronic drums and MIDI grooves, delivering an inspirational rhythmic composition tool for producers in every genre, from jazz, funk and rock to Trap and EDM. Support for VST, AU and AAX plug-in formats means Steinberg Groove Agent 5 can be used with virtually any DAW.
A new standard of dynamic acoustic drums; new kits for electronic music; new MIDI grooves; live sampling; Decompose feature for your own signature drum sound; 32 velocity layers; updated and resizable user interface… plus much more!
New Acoustic Drums in The Kit
The Kit brings fantastic new acoustic drum sounds to Steinberg Groove Agent 5, including Pearl kick and snare, four Yamaha Maple Custom toms, four cymbals from Zildjian, Istanbul ride and Paiste splash cymbals — all recorded with high-end Neumann microphones and outboard gear in Berlin’s Teldex Studios, including its classic reverb chamber. ‘The Kit’ comes with 47 articulations, five round robins and up to 20 velocities and, most importantly, a sound that is very versatile and can be pushed in any direction in your mix.
More than 30 New Kits for EDM, Trap and Other Styles
All new kits have been created for Steinberg Groove Agent 5 by top electronic artists including Rawtekk, Audeka, zKlang, Joe Ford and a number of other young and hungry producers. As well as beat patterns, Beat Agent kits also now include samples like basses, small melody parts, miscellaneous hits and other noises. Further great news is that you can now also use the Style Player for Beat Agent.
Exciting New Styles for Songwriters
The Steinberg Groove Agent 5 features 20 new MIDI Styles for songwriters, including intro, outro, fills and different complexities. They cover a range of genres, including rock, progressive rock, blues rock, alternative rock, indie, funk, soul, jazz, crossover and reggae, with every style played by a top drummer and exclusively mixed for The Kit.
Sound Design with Decompose
Decompose is a sound designer’s dream! With it you can load a sample and easily separate it into its tonal and noise components. Once you’ve done that, you can easily drag and drop each part onto Steinberg Groove Agent 5 pads to layer your drums, creating an endless array of possibilities. Just imagine combining a fat 808 kick tone with the noise of a 909 snare. Or an electronic snare with the noise of an acoustic hi-hat.
Change the Pitch of Samples
Create new exciting drum sounds with changing the pitch envelope of a sample. This is especially great for EDM music if you want to create drops and build ups or if you want to do pitch adjustments of pre-recorded drums. Combined with the new Decompose you can also modulate the pitch of tone and noise separately – a very unique approach in working with drum sounds.
Record any sound that you choose directly to Groove Agent and let your creativity bring genius to your drum tracks! You can sample old records, analog drum synthesizers, instrument loops, acoustic kits... indeed any sound that you can think of. With Groove Agent installed on a laptop, you can record whatever you like, wherever you like and create completely new, unique drum sounds.
Mixer Export to Cubase
Now, with just one click, you can export the mixer settings from Steinberg Groove Agent 5 to Cubase 10. This new facility means that each drum instrument, like kick or snare, now has its own track in Cubase. It allows you to finalize and finetune the mix, using all your favorite plug-ins, much better than before.
Pre-Listen to Styles and Pads
Thanks to the brand-new, resizable and undockable Content Browser, you can filter the content for any single instrument —for example all snares, kicks, etc. — and pre-listen to the sounds, even during the playback of patterns. Once you have found what you are looking for, you can easily drag and drop the sound onto the pads. It makes song creation much faster — and more fun.
What You Can do with Groove Agent 5
- Beatmaking - A wide array of hard-hitting drum kits from top electronic producers like Audeka, Rawtekk, zKlang or Joe Ford provide the fattest beats.
- Songwriting - High-quality acoustic drums with many articulations can be combined with MIDI grooves for fast and inspired songwriting.
- Jamming - Jam mode creates immediate backing tracks, including intro, fills and ending - perfect for practice, improvising and sketching ideas.
- Beat Editing - Like a step sequencer for drums, the pattern editor lets you create complex rhythms in perfect timing, simply by clicking in the grid.
- Live Sampling - Record analog drum synthesizers, acoustic drums or any other audio via Steinberg Groove Agent 5, manipulate the sound and build your own kits.
- Sound Design - Creative effects, layering up to four different kits and features like the new Decompose let you easily create your own signature sound.
Five Good Reasons to Use Groove Agent 5
The Kit brings a new standard of acoustic drums to Steinberg Groove Agent 5. Recorded in Berlin's Teldex studios, including its classic reverb chamber, it features over 14 GB of compressed audio, 37,000 samples, 3 different overhead microphone positions and 20 new presets for rock, funk, jazz and much more. Whether it's heavy-hitting Trap bangers, raw and dusty hip hop drums, breathtaking EDM inspired kits or speaker-ripping Future Bass kits: Steinberg Groove Agent 5 takes modern productions to the next level. The new kits now also include additional samples like Basses, Brass and melodic loops. Steinberg Groove Agent 5 combines the creative power of three different rhythm modules: the Acoustic, Beat and Percussion Agents, which can be loaded in four slots. Each Agent can be combined with any of the others for layering and creating your own unique drum sound.
All 1,000 MIDI grooves were played by top drummers and mixed by Steinberg's expert engineers, helping you to easily find the perfect backbone and groove for your song. Every MIDI part can be exported to your DAW of choice or manipulated in Steinberg Groove Agent's Style Player. A huge collection of percussive loops and instruments brings you the organic energy of bongos, congas, shakers, chimes, claps and more. Thanks to Perform mode, you can establish a completely new rhythm section, perfect for songwriter backing, funky tunes or creating hybrid styles.
Steinberg Groove Agent 5 Features
- 20 New MIDI Styles - Played and mixed by top drummers and engineers
- 32 Plug-in Outputs - You can use more audio outputs than ever before
- 32 Velocity Layers - Groove Agent now handles up to 32 velocity layers
- Decompose Sounds - Easily separate sounds into the tonal and noise components for an endless array of possibilities
- Drag and Drop Samples on Pads - Build your own kits of single instruments, recorded or Decomposed samples
- Drag and Drop to Cubase - Drag samples or MIDI grooves from Groove Agent to Cubase
- Export Mix to Cubase 10 - including all inserts in each channel strip
- Filter Content by Instrument - New Beat Agent kits are also available as single instrument presets
- Improved Style Player - New auto complexity mode, with export options for complexities and fills
- Live Sampling - Record your own samples directly to pads in Groove Agent
- Load Styles and MIDI - with a simple double click
- More than 30 New Beat Agent Kits - For EDM, Trap, Future Bass, Drum ‘n’ Bass, Modern Funk and more
- New Pitch Modulation - The perfect addition for Decompose: pitch only the tonal part and leave the noise unpitched
- New Auto Complexity Mode - After inserting a drum fill, you can define the complexity of how it’s played
- New Modern User Interface - Resizable, undockable and ready for HiDPI
- Pre-Listening Pads and Styles - Even during playback you can switch instruments or grooves and hear if they fit in
- Revised Pitch Envelope - with much better handling
- Sample View in Envelope Editors - Show samples in the background of envelope editors
- Selectable Auto Fills - In the Style Player, you can now select just the auto fills you want to use
- Solo Per Layer - Solo listening of samples on pads with more than one layer
- Style Player for Beat Agent - Acoustic MIDI styles now can be played by electronic kits
- The Kit - The finest acoustic drums, recorded at Teldex Studios, Berlin
Steinberg Groove Agent 5 Specifications
- System Requirements:
- Operating Systems (Mac): macOS High Sierra, macOS Sierra
- CPU Minimum: 64-Bit Intel or AMD Multi-Core
- CPU Recommended: Intel i5 or Faster
- RAM Minimum: 4 GB
- RAM Recommended: 8 GB
- Hard Disk Free Space: 35 GB
- Display Resolution Minimum: 1366 x 768
- Display Resolution Recommended: 1920 x 1080
- Audio Hardware: OS Compatible Audio Hardware
- Internet Connection: For Account Sign Up and Product Registration, License Activation, Additional Downloads
Steinberg Groove Agent 5 Includes
- License for Steinberg Groove Agent 5
Steinberg Groove Agent 5 Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review