Shure Beta 58A Handheld Dynamic Microphone
The Shure Beta 58A Handheld Dynamic Microphone is precision-engineered for professional live sound reinforcement and studio recording applications. A tailored frequency response accentuates clarity of vocals and a tight supercardioid pattern insures high gain-before-feedback, maximum isolation from other sound sources and minimum off-axis tone coloration.
The Shure Beta 58A Handheld Dynamic Microphone is a premier live performance microphone with Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability. Big sound. Full sound. Sophisticated sound. Is your mic living up to the power of your vocal? For decades, the Shure Beta 58A has been through the wringer, pushing voice to the forefront on the biggest stages in the world. For sound that commands the attention of the entire crowd, this is your microphone. The Shure Beta 58A Dynamic Vocal Microphone is ideal for close-up lead and background vocals, especially in high sound pressure level (SPL) environments. A proven shock mount system, hardened steel-mesh grille, and superior build quality withstand the rigors of daily sound reinforcement.
Shure Beta 58A Handheld Dynamic Microphone Features
- Premier live performance microphone with Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability
- Uniform supercardioid pick-up pattern for maximum gain before feedback and superior rejection of off-axis sound
- Tailored frequency response specifically shaped for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass roll off to control proximity effect
- Neodymium magnet for greater sensitivity and higher output
- Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
- Dent-resistant steel mesh grille and enamel coated die-cast metal construction resist wear and abuse
- Effective built-in pop filter reduces undesirable wind and breath noise
Shure Beta 58A Handheld Dynamic Microphone Specifications
- Type: Dynamic (Moving Coil)
- Frequency Response: 50 to 16,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Output Impedance: EIA Rated at 150 Ohm (290 Ohm Actual)
- Sensitivity (at 1kHz, Open Circuit Voltage): -51.5 dBV/Pa (2 .6 mV)
- Polarity: Positive Pressure on Diaphragm Produces Positive Voltage on Pin 2 with Respect to Pin 3
- Weight Net: 0.278 kg (0.62 lbs)
- Connector: Three-pin Professional Audio (XLR), Male, Balanced
- Housing: Silver Blue Enamel-painted Die Cast Metal with Hardened, Matte-finished Steel Mesh Grille
Shure Beta 58A Handheld Dynamic Microphone Includes
- 1 x Shure Beta 58A Handheld Dynamic Microphone
- 1 x Shure A25D Adjustable Stand Adapter
- 1 x Shure 95A2050 5/8” to 3/8” (Euro) Thread Adapter
- 1 x Shure 26A21 Storage Bag
- 2 Year Warranty
Shure Beta 58A Handheld Dynamic Microphone Downloads
- Shure Beta 58A Handheld Dynamic Microphone User Guide (PDF)
- Shure Beta 58A Handheld Dynamic Microphone Spec Sheet (PDF)
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This mic didn't flatter the sound, but did a very good neutral job representing it. I've used it to close mic a guitar cabinet (a la SM57s) and like it. It didn't flatter my vocals, not necessarily the fault of the mic.
great service from Alan again... these two mics round out my utility mic cabinet.
I've used SM-58's for a long time, but these take vocal mic'ing to the next level. Nice detail owing to the extended top-end. Feedback rejection is excellent, too.