Shure Beta 58A Handheld Dynamic Microphone
The Shure Beta 58A Handheld Dynamic Microphone is a high-output supercardioid dynamic vocal microphone designed for professional sound reinforcement and project studio recording.
In the tradition of the SM58, the Shure Beta 58A dynamic microphone has become a top choice among vocalists and touring sound professionals. It maintains a true supercardioid pattern throughout its frequency range. This insures high gain-before-feedback, maximum isolation from other sound sources, and minimum off-axis tone coloration. The Beta 58A has a shaped frequency response that is ideal for close-up vocals. The superb performance of this microphone is not affected by rough handling because of its rugged construction, proven shock mount system, and hardened steel mesh grille. Typical applications for the Beta 58A include lead vocals, backup vocals and speech.
Shure Beta 58A Handheld Dynamic Microphone Features
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass rolloff to control proximity effect
- Uniform supercardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of off axis sound
- Neodymium magnet for high signal to noise output
- Hardened steel mesh grille that resists wear and abuse
- Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
- Minimally effected by varying load impedance
- Legendary Shure quality and reliability
Shure Beta 58A Handheld Dynamic Microphone Specifications
- Type: Dynamic (moving coil)
- Frequency Response: 50 to 16,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid, rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency
- Impedance: Rated impedance is 150 (290 actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low Z
- Phasing: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This mic didn't flatter the sound, but did a very good neutral job representing it. I've used it to close mic a guitar cabinet (a la SM57s) and like it. It didn't flatter my vocals, not necessarily the fault of the mic.
great service from Alan again... these two mics round out my utility mic cabinet.
I've used SM-58's for a long time, but these take vocal mic'ing to the next level. Nice detail owing to the extended top-end. Feedback rejection is excellent, too.