Shure Beta 56A Dynamic Microphone
The Shure Beta 56A Dynamic Microphone is specially designed for close miking the snare and tom. Equipped with shock mount for sound isolation, it features a dynamic locking stand adapter for simple set-up, a steel mesh grille for durability, and a neodymium magnet for high signal-to-noise ratio.
The Shure Beta 56A Dynamic Microphone has a frequency response specifically tailored for drums and instruments. Its extremely uniform supercardioid pickup pattern provides high gain-before-feedback and excellent rejection of unwanted noise. A built-in dynamic locking stand adapter with an integral XLR connector simplifies installation. The stand adapter keeps the microphone securely in place, even if it is struck by a drumstick. Typical Shure Beta 56A applications include close miking of tom-toms and other percussion instruments, as well as guitar amplifiers, brass instruments, and woodwinds.
Shure Beta 56A Dynamic Microphone Applications
- Snare Drums
- Rack/Floor Toms
- Guitar/Bass Amps
Shure Beta 56A Dynamic Microphone Features
- Tailored frequency response provides drums, amplified instruments, and horns with studio quality sound
- Built–in stand adapter with dynamic locking system and XLR connector simplifies setup and provides greater flexibility
- Uniform supercardioid pattern for high gain-before-feedback and superior rejection of off–axis sound
- Compact design reduces stage clutter
- Hardened steel mesh grille resists wear and abuse
- Neodymium magnet for high signal–to–noise ratio output
- Minimally affected by varying load impedance
- Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
- Legendary Shure quality and reliability
Shure Beta 56A Dynamic Microphone Specifications
- Type: Dynamic (Moving Coil)
- Frequency Response: 50 to 16,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Output Impedance: EIA Rated at 150 Ohm (290 Ohm Actual)
- Sensitivity (at 1kHz, Open Circuit Voltage): -51 dBV/Pa (2.8 mV)
- Polarity: Positive Pressure on Diaphragm Produces Positive Voltage on Pin 2 with Respect to Pin 3
- Weight: 0.468 kg (1.6 lbs)
- Connector: Three-pin Professional Audio (XLR), Male, Balanced
- Housing: Silver Blue Enamel-painted Die Cast Metal with Hardened, Matte-finished Steel Mesh Grille
Shure Beta 56A Dynamic Microphone Includes
- 1 x Shure Beta 56A Dynamic Microphone
- 1 x Shure 95A2050 5/8” to 3/8” (Euro) Thread Adapter
- 1 x Shure 26A21 Storage Bag
- 2 Year Warranty
Shure Beta 56A Dynamic Microphone Downloads
- Shure Beta 56A Dynamic Microphone User Guide (PDF)
- Shure Beta 56A Dynamic Microphone Spec Sheet (PDF)
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Why would you not want this mic in your locker?
Great presence and great feedback rejection.
Just needed one more mic for snare options.
Good build quality. Easy placement
Sounds good !