sE Electronics Gemini II Tube Microphone
The sE Electronics Gemini II Tube Microphone is the larger-than-life answer to your vocal tracking needs. With dual valve design for pure valve warmth, the bass cut filter and -10dB pad, the Gemini II delivers an incredibly large, detailed, and intimate sound while maintaining the rich, thick tonality of a tube mic.
The sE Electronics Gemini II Tube Microphone is not just large in stature - it's HUGE in sound. The sE Electronics Gemini II dual valve microphone is a no-holds-barred piece of microphone history. The dual valve design means pure valve warmth from the 12AX7 input valve, coupled with a 12AU7 valve on the output stage. The result is an incredibly large, detailed, and intimate sound reminiscent of the classic valve microphones from decades ago, but with a thoroughly modern twist.
Most microphones use a transformer to optimize the mic's output impedance and couple the mic to the mic preamplifier. With the sE Electronics Gemini II, this optimization is accomplished with a second vacuum tube, negating any high-frequency rolloff typically incurred with a transformer. This provides the sE Electronics Gemini II with a sparkling, pristine high-end typically only found in the most expensive solid-state microphones, while maintaining the rich, thick tonality of a tube mic. Not just for vocals, the bass cut filter and -10dB pad make the sE Electronics Gemini II useful for loud and heavy sources like drum room mics and booming timpani.
Solid Flight Case
The sE Electronics Gemini II comes packaged in a wooden presentation box next to its custom shockmount and robust power supply, all within a secure and solid flight case.
sE Electronics Gemini II Tube Microphone Features
- Dual valve design for pure valve warmth
- Features 12AX7 input valve, coupled with a 12AU7 valve on the output stage
- Offers an incredibly large, detailed, and intimate sound
- Optimized output impedance negates any high-frequency roll-off
- Features bass cut filter and -10dB pad
- Perfect for loud and heavy sources like drum room mics and booming timpani
sE Electronics Gemini II Tube Microphone Specifications
- Capsule Type: Hand-Crafted True Condenser
- Diaphragm: 35mm Gold/Mylar
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 35.48 mV/Pa (-29 dB)
- Max SPL: 135/145 dB (0/-10 dB pad) (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 75 dB
- Self Noise: 19 dB(A)
- Pass Filter Switch: 150 Hz
- Preattenuation Pad: -10 dB
- Power Requirement: Dedicated PSU (included)
- Weight (mic): 1224g / 43.18oz
- Weight (PSU): 1691g / 59.65oz
- Tube Complement: 1x 12AX7/ECC83, 1x 12AU7/ECC82
- Connector: XLR3F from PSU
sE Electronics Gemini II Tube Microphone Includes
- sE Electronics Gemini II
- Custom Shockmount
- Microphone Cable
- Wooden Storage Case
- Robust Power Supply
- Solid Flight Case
sE Electronics Gemini II Tube Microphone Downloads
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Finally, I have found my bass clarinet's mate. They were married two weeks ago in a small ceremony in my studio, and have enjoyed many evenings together since. The offspring from this union will be available shortly...
"Love the Gemini 2 and the Reflexion Filter. Wow!! If you've got it, it'll bring it!! Thick rich lows with pristine clarity, smooth mids, crystal highs, and quiet as a mouse!! Multiple listeners have commented that the vocal sounds immediately present; meaning it sounds as if I were singing and sitting right next to them "live". No need to EQ. No need to thicken the sound by doubling tracks. No need to close proximity to pick up a little more bass response at the expense of picking up annoying mouth clicks and pops. Worth every penny!! Spend the money, so you can finally relax and sing!!" -Jeffrey Helsius, Side Of The Creek Studio, Oconto, Wisconsin