The sE Electronics RNT Tube Microphone is a tube microphone delivering the pristine, musical sonic character and uncompromising performance of the world's most prized recording equipment.
The sE Electronics RNT Tube Microphone is the third microphone in the collaboration between sE Electronics and Rupert Neve Designs, founded by the legendary audio designer Mr. Rupert Neve. Much like the RNR1 Active Ribbon and RN17 Small-Diaphragm Condenser, the RNT is something truly special, developed over several years of careful listening and measurement by Mr. Rupert Neve, Mr. Siwei Zou, and the engineering teams from both Rupert Neve Designs and sE Electronics. All in all, this new flagship tube microphone brings the larger-than- life sounds of classic studio microphones into the modern age with greater depth and clarity than ever before.
The sE Electronics RNT Tube Microphone utilizes fully discrete, Class-A electronics throughout both of its active stages. The first stage is tube-based, with a hand-selected, low-noise ECC82 tube within the microphone chassis, and implementing a custom-built Rupert Neve Designs output transformer. The second stage is within the floor box which also controls polar pattern, filter and gain switching and is built around the same custom op-amps used in Rupert Neve Designs' flagship 5088 recording console, known worldwide for its unrivaled transparency and headroom. This second stage is also coupled with a second custom-made Rupert Neve Designs output transformer.
The custom handcrafted large diaphragm true condenser capsule is sE's finest capsule yet, born from years of rigorous testing and listening, and developed and constructed by hand in sE's own factory. The Class-A electronics and switchable gain ensure a massive dynamic range, with high sound pressure level (SPL) handling capability and extremely low-noise components, and the switchable low-cut filters eliminate rumble or footfall noise, and can also compensate for an excess of bass frequencies caused by the proximity effect. This enables the RNT to close-mic many instruments including electric guitar speaker cabinets, brass instruments and drums. Lastly, the 9-position polar pattern switch allows for omnidirectional, cardioid, and figure-eight pickup patterns - and several positions in between each for precise tailoring of the balance between direct and ambient sound when recording with the RNT. Reliable operation is ensured by the sturdy all-metal design, robust construction, and high-quality manufacturing standards. A high-quality metal case is also included.
sE Electronics RNT Tube Microphone Features
- Hand-crafted, gold-sputtered 1"; true condenser capsule: The finest and most complex capsule sE has ever built. Hand-crafted and individually tuned in our very own factory. Refined electrode design delivers supremely natural sound quality.
- Nine selectable polar patterns: Precisely-tuned dual-diaphragm capsule design allows you to choose the perfect setting for every application. Minimize unwanted signal bleed with ease.
- Hand-selected ECC82 tube and custom Rupert Neve Designs audio transformer: Each microphone-gradetube is carefully selected and pretested in-house. Allows for stunning realism and depth in recordings. Unique tube circuit design optimized for driving the first custom-made transformer.
- Custom-made, discrete Class-A Rupert Neve Designs amplification: Delivers the sonic character and performance expected from the worlds most prized recording equipment. Utilizes the same operational amplifiers found in Rupert Neve Designs; flagship 5088 console. These discrete op-amps ensure enormous headroom, ultra-wide bandwidth, zero crossover distortion, and quality without compromise.
- In the floor box: a second custom-built Rupert Neve Designs audio transformer: Designed for sweet, musical performance and bulletproof isolation. Provides the legendary sonic character of Rupert Neves famous transformers.
- Hand-crafted metal housing with premium finish: All-metal construction built with highest attention to detail. Efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise. High quality finish ensures a great look for many years
- Active gain stage with three switchable levels: Provides 24dB of extended dynamic range for a wide range of applications. Discrete Rupert Neve Designs op-amp cards ensure pristine performance. Suitable for everything from delicate ambience recordings to close-miking of extremely loud.
sE Electronics RNT Tube Microphone Includes
- RNT microphone
- Custom shock-mount
- RNT Floor Box (Power Supply)
- 8-pin cable (to connect mic to floor box)
- sE logo sticker
- IEC power cable
- Wooden microphone box
- Flight case
- User manual with warranty card
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review