Roswell Colares Microphone
The Roswell Colares Microphone is a large-body condenser microphone with a larger than life sound. It is our flagship vocal microphone, and excels at injecting color, vibe, excitement, and life to a track.
The Roswell Colares Microphone is not a neutral or transparent microphone. It is unapologetically rich in both tone and harmonics. The design inspiration was the Telefunken ELAM 251, but Roswell's goal was to deliver all the detail and vintage tone of the 251 without the cost, maintenance hassle, or noise floor of a tube microphone.
The Colares has two unique features: a pad/voicing switch, and a 3-way filter switch.
Roswell builds every Colares by hand in their shop in Northern California. Each mic is "burned in" for at least 24 hours on our proprietary conditioning rig, then extensively tested before the Roswell badge goes on the front of the mic.
Roswel designed this mic to make your vocal recordings sound incredible. We have heard phenomenal results on a wide variety of other source material too, from bass cab to drum overheads. Thanks to its handcrafted circuit topology and uncompromising component selection, the Colares effortlessly delivers a harmonically rich, vintage sound.
Roswell Colares Microphone Features
- The circuit has very low noise, allowing your sources to be recorded without sonic artifacts.
- The capsule captures exquisite detail and articulation.
- The 10dB pad switch enables use with higher-volume sources.
- The filter switch allows sculpting of the microphone’s low-frequency response, to compensate for proximity effect.
- The included Rycote® shockmount provides mechanical isolation.
- Extensive, hands-on testing ensures that every Roswell microphone delivers high performance right out of the box.
Roswell Colares Microphone Includes
- Colares Microphone
- Heavy-Duty Flight Case
- Rycote Shockmount.
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review