The Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro-R Microphone is a stereo on-camera microphone designed to provide a high quality stereo option for videographers, and is ideal for recording music, and the atmospheric ambience essential in building a realistic audio scene.
The Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro-R Microphone is based around the all new capsule with its matched pair of high sensitivity ½cardioid condensers in a coincident XY pair, and provides a wide stereo image with natural depth.
Another new addition is the integrated Rycote® Lyre® based shock mounting system, which separates the Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro capsule and electronics from its mount, providing isolation from external physical factors that may cause unwanted rumble and vibrations in the microphone. Constructed from a single piece of hard-wearing thermoplastic, the Lyre® provides superior acoustic suspension to traditional elastic solutions, and will never wear out, sag or snap.
The Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro-R, with its ergonomic form factor, make it perfectly suited to DSLR, consumer camcorders and large-sensor video cameras. The newly designed Kevlar reinforced braided cable, as well as the improved foam windscreen, provides excellent acoustic decoupling from the camera and offers significantly lower noise transference and higher sensitivity.
The user friendly designed rear of the microphone body features the power and equalisation controls, including a high pass filter at 75Hz which is designed to cut out the noise generated by air conditioning, traffic and other undesirable low frequency interference.
A -10dB PAD allows the user to reduce the sensitivity of the microphone, making the Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro-R suitable for recording loud sound sources such as live music or at sporting events.
Like the Rode VideoMic Pro, the Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro-R features a +20dB level boost specifically designed to provide a higher quality signal with DSLR cameras. When activated, the typically low quality camera preamp level can be reduced, resulting in a lower noise floor and much clearer recording.
The RODE Stereo VideoMic Pro-R is designed and made in Australia.
Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro-R Microphone Features
- Rycote® Lyre® shock mounting onboard
- Broadcast recording quality on-camera microphone
- All new matched pair 1/2 condenser capsules in XY stereo configuration
- Improved foam windscreen
- Ultra lightweight, compact form factor
- On mic power and EQ controls
- Two step High Pass Filter (flat, 75Hz)
- Three position level control (-10dB, 0, +20dB)
- 9V battery powered - over 100 hours use (alkaline)
- New Kevlar reinforced braided cable
- Billeted metal camera shoe mount with 3/8 thread for easy boompole mounting
Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro-R Microphone Specifications
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter
- Capsule: 0.50"
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 40Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 200O
- Maximum SPL: 134dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)
- Sensitivity: -38.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (12.60mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 18dB-A
- Weight: 116g
- Dimensions: 134mmH x 80mmW x 115mmD
Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro-R Microphone Includes
- Stereo VideoMic Pro-R Microphone
- 1 Year Warranty (free 10 years extension following registration of your microphone)
Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro-R Microphone Downloads
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review