Rode NT4 Stereo Microphone
The Rode NT4 Stereo Microphone lets you record any source with immaculate stereo detail using a single microphone. With a fixed 90 degree X/Y configuration and perfectly matched stereo condenser capsules, the NT4 eliminates the need to purchase matched pairs and the associated complex set-up bars and adaptors to get professional results.
The Rode NT4 Stereo Microphone offers a perfect X/Y stereo array without the need for matched pair microphones, complex stereo bars and equipment. Simply place the microphone and capture a realistic stereo field using a single microphone.
Combining an acoustically matched pair of 1/2 cardioid condenser capsules fixed in a perfect 90 degree near-coincident alignment, the Rode NT4 instantly creates a faithful stereo array that is ideal for drum overheads, percussion, choir vocals, environmental recording and sound design in a studio or in the field.
The Rode NT4's versatility is further extended by its ability to be powered by a 9V battery, in addition to 48V phantom power. Both stereo XLR and 3.5mm minijack cables are supplied to ensure the Rode NT4 is ready to record to mixing console, portable recorder or camera.
The Rode NT4 microphone is designed and made in Australia.
Rode NT4 Stereo Microphone Features
- Stereo X/Y condenser microphone
- Dual externally biased 1/2 capsules with gold sputtered diaphragm
- Capsules closely matched with full frequency response
- Dual power operation
- Custom twin head windshield (WS4) included
- Durable satin-nickel finish
- Surface mount circuitry
- Designed and manufactured in Australia
Rode NT4 Stereo Microphone Specifications
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Capsule: 0.50"
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid [Paired cardioid capsules in X-Y stereo pattern]
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 200O
- Maximum SPL: 143dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)
- Maximum Output Level: 13.9dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)
- Sensitivity: -38.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (12.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 16dB-A
- Power Options: 9V Battery or +48V phantom power
- Weight: 480.00gm
- Dimensions: 231.00mmH x 61.00mmW x 33.00mmD
- Output: XLR OutputMinijack Output
Rode NT4 Stereo Microphone Includes
- NT4 Stereo Microphone
- RM3 Durable Microphone Clip
- RC4 Rugged Microphone Case
- WS4 Pop Filter/Wind Shield
- 5-Pin to Stereo Minijack Cable
- 5-Pin to Dual XLR Cable
- 1 Year Warranty (free 10 years extension following registration of your microphone)
Rode NT4 Stereo Microphone Downloads
What We Think
"The Rode NT4 X/Y Stereo Microphone is a simple and easy way to get precise stereo recordings from a single microphone body. It comes supplied with a dual-XLR output cable as well as a cable for interfacing with a recorder who only has a stereo mini-jack for input. As a result, it's ability to be powered by a +9 Volt battery as well as +48 Volt Phantom Power certainly does come in handy."
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
A fantastic mic for applications ranging from acoustic instruments to group vocals to field recording (for sound FX and video... due to its battery capability), plus many more.
It's another innovative Aussie invention, of course (but will work great in all countries!!).
Brilliant sound quality. Highly Recommended