Rode NTG8 Shotgun Microphone
The Rode NTG8 Shotgun Microphone is a broadcast quality RF-bias shotgun microphone that exhibits increased directionality across a wide frequency response range. This makes the NTG8 the perfect microphone for film, television, sports and outdoor broadcasting, live performance, or any professional distance miking application.
The Rode NTG8 Shotgun Microphone is based on Rode's award winning NTG3 Shotgun Microphone. Like the NTG3, the Rode NTG8 features low self-noise, natural sound without colouration both on and off-axis, and RF bias technology to ensure that it is almost completely resistant to high humidity environments which could cause other condenser microphones to fail.
The Rode NTG8 is finished in matte black and supplied with a specially designed shock mount (SM8) that is engineered to provide excellent handling noise isolation, cable management and versatile mounting options for the microphone. A rugged weatherproof aluminium cylinder is also included, providing ultimate protection for the microphone when in transport or storage. The WSNTG8 windshield completes the package, providing light environmental protection.
The Rode NTG8 long shotgun microphone is designed in Australia and covered by Rode Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty.
Rode NTG8 Shotgun Microphone Features
- Superior broadcast sound quality
- High Sensitivity
- Super-cardioid polar pattern
- Highly directional polar response
- Natural sounding audio both on and off-axis
- Designed to withstand adverse environmental conditions
- Extremely low handling noise
- High level of immunity to radio frequency interference
- True Condenser (external RF biased)
Rode NTG8 Shotgun Microphone Specifications
- Acoustic Principle: Line Gradient
- Active Electronics: RF Bias
- Capsule: 0.50"
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 40Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 25O
- Maximum SPL: 124dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)
- Maximum Output Level: 8.2dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)
- Sensitivity: -20.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (97.50mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Power Options: +48V phantom power (44-52V min 2.5mA)
- Weight: 345.00gm
- Dimensions: 559.00mmH x 19.00mmW x 19.00mmD
- Output: 3-pin XLR Output
Rode NTG8 Shotgun Microphone Includes
- NTG8 - RF-bias Long Shotgun Microphone
- SM8 - Shock Mount for Long Shotgun Microphones
- WSNTG8 - Windscreen
- RCNTG8 - Storage Cylinder
- 1 Year Warranty (free 10 years extension following registration of your microphone)
Rode NTG8 Shotgun Microphone Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review