Rode NTG-2 Shotgun Microphone
The Rode NTG-2 Shotgun Microphone is a lightweight condenser shotgun microphone, designed for professional applications within the film, video, television and production industries, where low noise, wide frequency response and tightly controlled polar patterns are vital.
The Rode NTG-2 Shotgun Microphone's full frequency response, low noise and audio transparency make it an ideal film, video, and voice over microphone, while its low weight (161gm/5.7oz without battery) makes it an ideal boom microphone.
In addition to the native 20Hz-20kHz frequency response a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded.
The Rode NTG2 operates either from a AA (1.5V) battery or P48 phantom power which can be supplied by professional cameras, audio recorders and power supplies. The battery power option makes the Rode NTG2 ideal for scenarios where the camera does not supply phantom power such as DSLR video.
The Rode NTG2 shotgun microphone is designed and made in Australia, and covered by Rode Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty.
Rode NTG-2 Shotgun Microphone Features
- Broadcast sound quality
- Low noise circuitry
- Condenser transducer
- Rugged metal construction
- Two step High Pass Filter (Flat/80Hz)
- P48 phantom power or AA battery option
- Low handling noise
- Low weight - 161g (5.17 oz.)
- Ideal for professional applications within the film, video, television and production industries
Rode NTG-2 Shotgun Microphone Specifications
- Acoustic Principle: Line Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance convertor with balanced transformer output
- Capsule: 0.50"
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz (selected HPF @ 0)
- Output Impedance: 250O
- Maximum SPL: 131dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)
- Maximum Output Level: 6.9dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)
- Sensitivity: -36.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (15.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 18dB-A
- Power Options: AA Battery+48V phantom power
- Weight: 161.00gm
- Dimensions: 280.00mmH x 22.00mmW x 22.00mmD
- Output: XLR Output
Rode NTG-2 Shotgun Microphone Includes
- NTG2 - Multi-Powered Shotgun Microphone
- RM5 - Durable Microphone Clip
- WSVM - Pop Filter/Wind Shield
- ZP2 - Padded Zip Pouch (Large)
- 1 Year Warranty (free 10 years extension following registration of your microphone)
Rode NTG-2 Shotgun Microphone Downloads
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Great deals and unparalleled customer service. Very streamilne.
I am impressed with the quality of this microphone. Crystal clear audio with very high S/N ratio. The details of the NTG2 claim low handling noise. I am not sure what they define as low handling noise, but when you touch the mic or move anything across its body it picks it up clear as a bell. A nice feature would be a power off switch. This would certainly be beneficial while using AA to power the mic. As it stands to turn off the mic you must remove the mic from any type of mount, disconnect audio cable and then unscrew the battery housing and remove the battery. A simple on/off switch would be great. Overall I would give it 4.5 stars if I could. BTW get the deadcat windshield if you ever want to shoot outdoors.