Rode NT55 Multi-Pattern Microphones
The Rode NT55 Multi-Pattern Microphones are a matched pair of NT55 Microphones designed for stereo recording of acoustic instruments, drum overheads, cymbals and live performances. This state-of-the-art low noise balanced output microphone exhibits a wide dynamic range and full frequency response.
The Rode NT55 Multi-Pattern Microphones are a matched pair of NT55 Small-diaphragm, True-condenser Cardioid Microphone, sometimes referred to as a 'pencil mic'. The Rode NT55 adds both a three position pad (0, -10dB, -20dB) and three stage high pass filter (Off, 75Hz, 150Hz), and includes the interchangeable NT45-O omnidirectional capsule.
Intended for recording acoustic instruments, drum overheads, cymbals and live performances, the compact externally polarized mic employs a 1/2" capsule, an active J-FET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer.
Its tight cardioid pickup pattern also makes it ideal for use as an indoor dialogue microphone for filmmaking on a mic stand or boom.
Finished in durable satin nickel, this is also available as a single microphone or as Rode NT55 Acoustically Matched Pair.
The Rode NT55 Multi-Pattern is designed and made in Australia, and covered by Rode's industry leading 10 year warranty.
Rode NT55 Multi-Pattern Microphones Features
- Externally biased condenser
- Cardioid or omni polar pattern using included interchangable capsules
- Gold sputtered 1/2 capsule
- Three position PAD - 0dB, -10dB and -20dB
- Three position high-pass filter - flat, 75Hz and 150Hz
- Surface mount circuitry
- Low noise
- Available as Certified Matched Pair
Rode NT55 Multi-Pattern Microphones Specifications
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Capsule: 0.50"
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid and Omnidirectional [picks up all sides equally] capsules - interchangeable
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 100O
- Maximum SPL: 136dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)
- Maximum Output Level: 8.0dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)
- Sensitivity: -38.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (12.60mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 15dB-A
- Power Options: +48V phantom power
- Weight: 110.00gm
- Dimensions: 145.00mmH x 20.00mmW x 20.00mmD
- Output: XLR Output
Rode NT55 Multi-Pattern Microphones Includes
- 2 x NT55 - Multi-Pattern 1/2" Condenser Microphones
- 2 x NT45-O - Interchangeable Omnidirectional Capsule
- 2 x RM5 - Durable Microphone Clip
- 1 Year Warranty (free 10 years extension following registration of your microphone)
Rode NT55 Multi-Pattern Microphones Downloads
- Rode NT55 Multi-Pattern Microphones Manual (PDF)
- Rode NT55 Multi-Pattern Microphones Data Sheet (PDF)
What We Think
"The Rode NT55 Multi-Pattern Small Diaphragm Condenser Microphones (Matched Pair) makes for a perfect set for the cost conscious recordist looking to get quality that can be used while gaining the 3-position pad and HPF features usually only available on microphones costing much, much more. Rode's build quality and consistency of sound make for a convincing pair. And the included NT45-O Omni capsules give a more natural and less hypey soundstage. This kit is worthy of consideration."
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review