The RME HDSPe AES/EBU PCI Express Card is a short-length PCI Express card with AES/EBU interfaces. It provides eight AES inputs (16 channels) and eight AES outputs (16 channels) at 192 kHz sample rate. Equipped with two MIDI I/O ports and word clock I/O, the HDSPe can be used with the optional TCO module for synchronization to LTC and video.
The RME HDSPe AES/EBU PCI Express Card is RMEs reaction to requests from audio professionals for an AES-based solution with the typical RME features and quality. This audio card is a perfect all-in-one solution for professional users in the fields of broadcast, TV, theater, stage/PA - and in any professional studio.
The RME HDSPe's mainboard contains word clock I/O and a 25-pin D-sub connector, providing four AES inputs and four AES outputs via standard digital breakout cable (Tascam pinout). The sensitive word clock input operates on Single, Double and Quad Speed signals automatically. The expansion board adds audio channels 9-16 and a connector for a MIDI breakout Cable with two MIDI I/Os (four 5-pin DIN connectors). It does not require a PCIe slot.
The RME HDSPe Card is not based on a PCI to PCI Express bridge, which would simply add PCIe to existing PCI technology. It is a newly developed genuine PCI Express solution, which consequently takes full advantage of the new format, achieving significant performance gains in multitrack audio and lowest latency.
The DSP-based TotalMix mixer enables the AES to route and mix all 16 inputs and 16 playback channels to all 16 physical outputs freely, offering extraordinary monitoring capabilities. Up to 8 fully independent stereo submixes can be created. Routings can be copied and pasted, faders ganged and grouped, which, along with the amazing matrix window, turns the AES into a powerful and easy-to-use redistributor, patchbay, router, converter, and splitter. The hardware-based mixer is fully MIDI-controllable. Furthermore, the DSP hardware calculates RMS and peak level meters for all 48 audio channels, with no measurable CPU load.
The Time Code Option can be used with the RME HDSPe AES to sync to LTC and video. Thanks to SteadyClock(TM), the TCO not only extracts absolute positions from LTC, but also a very clean low-jitter word clock from LTC and video.
The RME HDSPe Card's most important settings are stored on the card itself. Rather than operating in a default mode from the moment the computer is switched on until the driver is loaded, the card will immediately activate the last used sampling rate, master/slave configuration and AES format, thus eliminating any startup noise or problems in the clock network, both at system start and reboot.
An optional 19" breakout box is also available. Its innovative design features XLR I/Os that can be accessed from the front or rear in a rack, according to the user's choice. BOB-32 provides D-sub connectors with Tascam and Yamaha pinout, therefore can be used with other devices as digital rack breakout box as well.
Thanks to RME's flash update technology, future firmware improvements, adjustments, and bugfixes can be installed easily at any time.
The PCI Express interface of the RME HDSPe system is based on the PCI Express Base Specification v 1.1. It represents a 1-Lane PCI Express Endpoint Device and supports 2.5 Gbps line speed. Thanks to the packet-based full duplex communication, the card provides a transfer rate of up to 500 MB/s - 250 MB/s in every direction.
RME HDSPe AES/EBU PCI Express Card Features
- Support for 192 kHz at full channel count
- Native support for Double and Quad Wire transfer
- Direct conversion between these formats
- SteadyClock for highest jitter suppression and clock regeneration
- Intuitive and clearly laid-out user interface
- TotalMix: 512 channel mixer with 42 bit internal resolution
- 48 level meter Peak/RMS, hardware-computed
RME HDSPe AES/EBU PCI Express Card Specifications
- Device: 1-Lane PCI Express Endpoint device (no PCI Express to PCI Bridge), revision 1.1.
- Line Speed: 2.5 Gbps line speed
- Communication: Packet-based full-duplex communication (up to 500 MB/s transfer rate)
- Settings: All settings changeable in real-time
- Clock Control: Automatic and intelligent master/slave clock control
- Monitoring: Enhanced Zero Latency Monitoring for latency-free submixes and perfect ASIO Direct Monitoring
- Sync Sources: 8 x AES, word clock, internal
- Varipitch: by input signal or word clock
- Sample Rates: 32 kHz up to 192 kHz, variable (Sync/word clock)
- Sample Rate Range: AES: 28 kHz - 204 kHz, word clock: 28 kHz - 204 kHz
- Jitter: < 1 ns, Internal and all inputs
- Jitter Sensitivity: PLL operates even at 100 ns Jitter without problems
- Comes With DIGICheck: The ultimate measurement, analysis and test tool
- Input: 8 x AES, 2 x MIDI, word clock (BNC)
- Output: 8 x AES, 2 x MIDI, word clock (BNC)
- Input Word Clock: BNC, Signal Adaptation Circuit (functional from 1.2 Vpp input signal), termination via jumper
- Output Word Clock: BNC, low-impedance driver stage, 4 Vpp into 75 Ohms, short-circuit-proof
- MIDI Input And Output: via four 5-pin DIN jacks
- System Requirements:
- Windows XP or higher, Mac OS X Intel (10.5.8 or higher)
- PCI Express Interface, a free PCI Express slot, 1 lane, version 1.1
RME HDSPe AES/EBU PCI Express Card Includes
- HDSPe AES PCI Express Card
- HDSPe AES Expansion Board
- Quick Info Guide
- RME Driver CD
- MIDI Breakout Cable
- Expansion Board Ribbon Cable (26-Conductor)
- 6 Months Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review