Radial OX8-j 8-Channel Rackmount Splitter
The Radial OX8-j 8-Channel Rackmount Splitter is a high-performance 8-channel microphone splitter with upgraded Jensen transformers that lets you send a microphone signal to as many as three consoles at the same time. Each channel is configured with a balanced input, a direct out which also serves as a return path for 48V phantom power, a thru-put with ground lift switch and a transformer isolated output.
The Radial OX8-j 8-Channel Rackmount Splitter is particularly well suited for live recording by delivering a transformer isolated audio signal path to the recording system while providing direct feeds to the front of house and monitor consoles. Transformer isolation eliminates hum and buzz cause by ground loops for ultra quiet results.
For maximum flexibility, several connector options are available. Inputs may be accessed via the front panel, using standard XLRs, or the rear panel, with a choice of either 25 pin D-subs (wired to the Tascam standard) or Euro screw-down terminal connectors (Note: Wire-end terminal blocks are sold separately). Outputs include D-subs and Euro connectors, which are also located on the rear panel. These make it easy to connect to popular multi-track recording systems while providing easy termination for permanent installations.
Although primarily designed for mic signals, the Radial OX8-j is equipped with a -36dB pad to accommodate line level sources, making the Radial OX8-j highly adaptable for all types of signal splitting. Several connector options are available to enhance flexibility. Inputs may be accessed via the front panel using standard XLRs, or via the rear panel with a choice of either 25 pin D-subs wired to the ProTools standard or screw-down Phoenix/Euro terminals which are commonly used in permanent installations.
Because the Radial OX8-j is 100% passive, it does not require any power whatsoever to make it work. You simply plug in and the transformers do all the work. The Radial OX8-j comes with premium Jensen JT-MB-CPC transformers. Each channel also benefits from an ultra-short signal path and built in RF filters to ensure absolute quiet performance even in the most noise-prone environments.
The Radial OX8-j is a professional recording tool that is equally at home in live touring, permanent installations or broadcast.
Radial OX8-j 8-Channel Rackmount Splitter Features
- Balanced 8-channel mic splitter in single space 19" frame
- Delivers exceptional audio without artefact
- Eliminates hum and buzz caused by ground loops
- Ideally suited for live recording, PA and broadcast
Radial OX8-j 8-Channel Rackmount Splitter Applications
- Using the OX8-j to record a live show - The Radial OX8-j is ideal for recording a live show. Simply connect the stage mics to the Radial OX8-j and split the signal from the Radial OX8-j to the recorder and the PA system. The transformers will isolate the recording system to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
- Using the OX8-j with a live PA system - There is nothing more bothersome than hum and buzz coming at you through the stage monitors. The Radial OX8-j is easily configured to isolate the FOH and monitor consoles to ensure noise-free performance. Gang up as many as you need for 16 or more channels.
- Using the OX8-j to broadcast a live event - Go all the way by using the auxiliary out to feed the monitors and the isolated out to feed a broadcast truck. The Radial OX8-j's amazing sound quality will deliver a distortion free feed to the broadcaster while enabling the PA system to work independently.
Radial OX8-j 8-Channel Rackmount Splitter Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Passive transformer based mic level splitter
- Number of Channels: 8 channel 3-way splitter (1-in/3-out)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz (+0dB/-0.2dB)
- Dynamic Range: 140dB
- Maximum Input: +2dBu @ 20Hz
- THD +Noise: 0.003% @ 1kHz
- Phase Deviation: 0.7° @ 100Hz; 2.8° @ 20H
- CMRR: -115dB @ 60Hz
- Input Impedance: 150 Ohms, balanced
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms, balanced
- Transformer: JT-MB-CPC, 1:1 ratio
- Shield: Dual Faraday, MuMETAL® can
- Input Pad: -36dB (allows line-level sources)
- Ground Lift: Disconnects XLR pin-1 at direct-2 and isolated output
- XLR Configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- DB-25 Configuration: Tascam analog audio standard
- Construction: 14 gauge steel
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size (L x W x H): 19" x 6" x 1.75" (48.25cm x 15.25cm x 4.45cm)
- Weight: 7.5lb (3.4 kg)
- Shipping Size (L x W x H): 22" x 10.375" x 4.5" (55.9cm x 26.4cm x 11.4cm)
- Shipping Weight: 8lb (3.63kg)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial OX8-j 8-Channel Rackmount Splitter Includes
- Radial OX8-j Splitter
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial OX8-j 8-Channel Rackmount Splitter Downloads
- Radial OX8-j 8-Channel Rackmount Splitter User Guide (PDF)
- Radial OX8-j 8-Channel Rackmount Splitter Smart Sheet (PDF)
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
If you need to split signals for recording or for the monitor consoles these radial-boxes do the job. The Jensen-transformers on the isolated-outputs means that you dont need to worry much about distorting the signals on the iso-outs. Still Radial has added a 30-db pad on the iso-out, which comes handy when you dont have pads on your preamp inputs.
I have 4 of these installed in a rack. This gives me 32 channels of split in just 4 rack-spaces. I have output connectors on lk-connectors on a panel in the back of the rack, so that I dont have to plug in and out of the d-sub connectors every time I use the splits. I just hate dealing with d-sub connectors all the time, I only like d-sub for fixed installations, not for everyday plugging. Perphaps Radial could have made a box with larger track-counts and some other multipin-contacts for the output?
This is an outstanding splitter with quality to rival anything out there. Nice size makes it easy to fit in any rack system. All in all I personally think this is one of the best systems out there for three way mic splits.