Radial JX42 Guitar Selector
The Radial JX42 Guitar Selector is a compact guitar and amp switcher made to handle up to four guitars and two amps simultaneously. Designed for concert touring, the JX42 ramps up and down the signal with ultra quiet opto-resistive switching couplers and incorporates 100% discrete class-A buffering circuit for absolute fidelity.
The Radial JX42 Guitar Selector begins with four radio-style switches that immediately turn the previous channel off when the new channel is selected. These are complimented with easy-to-see LEDs for visual feedback on dark stages. To ensure the quietest switching possible, opto-resistive couplers are employed that ramp up and down the signal, eliminating any popping that could otherwise occur. This is particularly important when using the Radial JX-42 with high gain amps. Connecting the optional JR5 footswitch enables remote control over input channels.
Inside, Radial's award-winning 100% discrete class-A buffering circuit ensures absolute fidelity is maintained. Each input channel also sports a recessed dual-function 'set and forget' potentiometer that can be assigned as either a level control to match wireless systems or be set to Drag for precise load correction when using magnetic pickups. Drag Control replicates the tone and feel as if connected directly to a guitar amp. There are two main stage amp outputs. These are transformer isolated to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops. Selecting the amps may be done using a front panel AB selector switch or by connecting the optional JR2 remote footswitch via a TRS jack. Adding the JR2 footswitch also lets you mute the amps for quiet on-stage tuning.
Made from 14 gauge steel, the Radial JX-42 follows Radial's trademark bookend design to create a protective zone around the switches and knobs and safeguard against the harsh environment of professional touring. The unique I-Beam construction adds tremendous rigidity to protect the internal circuit board from torque which could lead to premature cold solder joints. Optional rack ears allow one or two Radial JX-42s to be rack-mounted in a single 19" rack space.
These features combine to make Radial JX-42 a great choice for stage and studio alike.
Radial JX42 Guitar Selector Features
- Selects up to 4 guitars and 2 amps
- Ultra quiet opto-resistive switching
- Transformer isolated - eliminates hum
- Optional JR2 & JR5 remote control footswitches
Radial JX42 Guitar Selector Applications
- Four guitars 2 amps - The Radial JX-42 makes it easy to switch between four guitars using the radio-style selector switches. Connect two amps and use the JX2 footswitch to remotely switch between them.
- Four basses and DI box - Instantly switch between four basses using the JR5 remote control. For the upright, add a direct box on output B to automatically mute the stage amp when selected.
- Adding wireless systems - Use the Trim controls to match the levels from your wireless to your wired guitars. The guitar tech can select guitars using the JR5 remote while the artist selects amps using the JR2.
Radial JX42 Guitar Selector Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Class A BiFET buffering amplifier
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Dynamic Range: 112dB
- Maximum Input: +11dBu
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.02%
- Phase Deviation: 5° @ 50Hz
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.027%
- Equivalent Input Noise: -103dBu
- Input Impedance: Drag control variable from 22K to 500K
- Output Impedance: 1000 Ohms
- Gain - Input to All Outputs: -1.5dBu
- Mute Attenuation: 101dB
- Crosstalk: -97dB
- Controls: Dual function Trim or Drag control
- Switches: Input select, Trim/Drag, amp A/B select
- XLR Remote: For optional JR5 footswitch
- ¼" Remote: For optional JR2 footswitch
- Input Connectors: ¼" inputs and thru-puts for each channel
- Output Connectors: A/B Amp outputs, tuner output
- Power: +15V Center Pin +, 70mA
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size (L x W x H): 5.87" x 4.5": x 1.87" (149.1 x 114.3 x 47.5mm)
- Weight: 2.35lbs (1.06kg)
- Shipping Size (L x W x H): 11.75" x 4.75" x 2.5" (298.5 x 120.6 x 63.5mm)
- Shipping Weight: 3.2lbs (1.45kg)
Radial JX42 Guitar Selector Includes
- Radial JX42 Guitar Selector
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial JX42 Guitar Selector Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review