Radial ToneBone BassBone V2 Insturment Preamp
The Radial ToneBone BassBone V2 Insturment Preamp is a bass command center that enables one to seamlessly switch between any two bass guitars including active, passive (magnetic) and upright (piezo). A power-packed bass preamp that combines on-stage efficiency, amazing tonal control and superb audio performance in a compact box, the BassBone is ideal front end for both live and studio recording.
The Radial ToneBone BassBone V2 Insturment Preamp features the same award-winning audio circuit that has made the Radial Bassbone V2 a top choice for many of the world's most prominent bass players including Marcus Miller, John Patitucci, Rhonda Smith and Victor Wooten.
Simply stated, the Radial ToneBone Bassbone V2 is a bass command center. Connect any two basses and seamlessly toggle between them using a footswitch. Each channel has a separate level control to balance the two instruments and is augmented with a unique EQ that enables you to adjust the tone to match your bass amp. In fact, the passive-interactive EQ is so powerful, you can toggle between channels to emulate switching from a P-Bass to a Rickey using the same bass! A special PZB booster adds yet another dimension - allowing you to connect a piezo, such as used on an upright bass when doubling.
With the Radial ToneBone Bassbone V2, you get even more: A boost footswitch can be used to either engage a power booster for solos or can be assigned as a mute switch for quiet on-stage tuning. A third footswitch lets you activate the effects loop which is equipped with a wet-dry control to retain the tone of the original instrument and then mix-in as much of the effect as you like. The effects can be assigned to either channel or both. Once processed, you can send your sound to a stage amp, tuner and to the PA system using the built-in Radial DI box.
The Radial ToneBone Bassbone V2 is a power-packed bass preamp that combines on-stage efficiency, amazing tonal control and superb audio performance in a compact box. This makes it the ideal front end for both live and studio recording. Comes equipped with 15VDC power supply.
Radial ToneBone BassBone V2 Insturment Preamp Features
- Two-channel bass preamp for 1 or 2 basses
- Built-in Radial DI with low-Z balanced out for the PA
- Combination power booster, effects loop and mute
- Powerful EQ and level controls for each bass
- Switch between two basses on stage
- Lets you perform without an amp
- Delivers your tone to the PA system
- Puts you in control of your sound
- Works equally well in studio as it does live
- Mute switch for quiet tuning on stage
- Can make any bass sound dramatically different
- Super compact yet extremely powerful
Radial ToneBone BassBone V2 Insturment Preamp Applications
- Using the Bassbone V2 with two bases - The Radial ToneBone Bassbone V2 is designed to let you switch between any two basses. Use channel-1 and your amp's EQ to set you primary tone. Use channel-2's ultra powerful EQ to compensate so that each instrument sounds its best.
- Switching between upright and electric - The Radial ToneBone Bassbone V2's high performance preamp is well suited for all instruments including upright bass. This lets you toggle between electric and acoustic and optimize the tone going to your stage amp and the PA system. Add effects pedals using the built-in effects loop.
- Using the Bassbone V2 with one bass - The Radial ToneBone Bassbone V2 is the ultimate front end for any bass. Channel-1 can be set flat or augmented with two modern presets. Channel-2's 3 band EQ is so powerful that it can turn your P-bass into a Rickenbacker!
Radial ToneBone BassBone V2 Insturment Preamp Specifications
- Audio Circuit Type: Discrete class-A FET input with low noise ICs.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz ~ 18kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.05% @ -15dBu
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.2% @ -20dBu
- Dynamic Range: 85dB
- Input Impedance: Input A: 220K
- Input Impedance: Input B: 220K/10M
- Output Impedance: 300 Ohms at XLR
- Maximum Input: +7 dBu
- Gain: Unity gain device
- Gain-Boost Drive: 0 to 25 dB
- Noise Floor: -100dB
- Equivalent Input Noise: -92dBu at XLR
- HPF-2 High Pass Filter: Flat, 35Hz and 60Hz (6 dB/Octave)
- XLR Configuration: Pin 2 +, Pin 3 -, Pin 1 Ground
- Ground Lift: Lifts pin-1 on the XLR
- Power: +15VDC/400mA adapter included
- Construction: 14 gauge steel
- Finish: Powder-coat
- Size: (L x W x D) 5.5" x 4.2" x 2" (203 x107 x 48mm)
- Weight: 2.55lb (1157 grams)
- Conditions: Use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial ToneBone BassBone V2 Insturment Preamp Includes
- Radial ToneBone BassBone V2 Insturment Preamp
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial ToneBone BassBone V2 Insturment Preamp Downloads
- Radial ToneBone BassBone V2 Insturment Preamp User Guide (PDF)
- Radial ToneBone BassBone V2 Insturment Preamp Smart Sheet (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review