The Prism Sound Callia DA Converter is simply the best way to experience digital music. Coupled with high quality analogue power amplification and loudspeakers, Callia will deliver your music exactly as the recording producer intended.
Whether it is early music, symphonic, choral, easy listening, elevator music, jazz, pop, hip-hop, EDM, garage, hard rock or something else, the clarity and neutrality of CALLIA will amaze you with its flexibility in the face of such different genres. Using the acclaimed Prism Sound signal path, clock circuitry, ARM Cortex processor & USB platform of the Prism Sound professional range, CALLIA supports USB and S/P-DIF players.
No-compromise, full Prism Sound audio quality
The design goal for CALLIA was to provide Prism Sound audio quality in a sophisticated but easy to use package for listening to music at home. CALLIA makes no compromises on audio quality. CALLIA delivers the standard of audio performance demanded by top recording professionals at sampling rates from 44.1kHz to 384kHz**** or in DSD64 or DSD128. CALLIA has the same no-compromise analogue circuitry as its professional cousins, with the same fully-balanced-throughout architecture and the same isolation barriers protecting the analogue from digital and computer interference.
New high-current, low-impedance headphone output
The CALLIA headphone output is a brand new design, different from that of the professional audio range. The CALLIA headphone output is a high-current, low impedance design optimized for the best possible performance. CALLIA handles the wide range of headphone sensitivities and impedances by providing several operating ranges, selected by switch presets on the rear panel of the unit. In this way, CALLIA can easily handle headphones from a few ohms to more than 250 ohms and will deliver a smooth, well-balanced and transparent sound.
Easy connectivity to your computer, tablet* or transport
In CALLIA, we have created a unit compatible with the widest range of computer hardware using a USB2 interface supporting UAC2 audio. CALLIA also supports S/P-DIF digital audio inputs.
CALLIA supports linear PCM in 2's complement binary coding and, using the "DSD over PCM" (DOP) protocol, DSD at the original bit-rate (DSD64) and also at 2 x the original rate (DSD128). DSD Files encoded as "DOP" may be played with both ASIO and WDM drivers.
Balanced and unbalanced outputs
CALLIA offers balanced and unbalanced output formats at +14dBu and 2Vrms respectively. The balanced output is presented on professional XLR male pin connectors and the unbalanced (consumer) output is on industry-standard "Phono" co-axial connectors.
Unsurpassed Jitter Rejection
CALLIA uses the same "CleverClox" hybrid digital phase-locked loop (DPLL) circuitry as Prism Sound professional products. Prism Sound digital audio products re-generate ultra-stable clocks for best quality conversion.
Prism Sound Callia DA Converter Features
- Plug, play and enjoy your music in all popular formats
- No-compromise, full Prism Sound audio quality
- Play in Windows**, OSX, Linux, iOS and Android
- Class compliant UAC2/USB for best compatibility
- ASIO drivers for Windows
- Windows WDM drivers (Vista and later)
- Play from disc transport/player device via S/P-DIF
- Optical and co-axial S/P-DIF inputs
- Playback sampling rates from 44.1kHz to 384kHz
- DSD64/128 via DOP (S/P-DIF DSD64 only)
- Automated source selection, with manual override
- Balanced +14dBu XLR and 2V RCA phono outputs
- Low-Z headphone output (adjustable sensitivity)
- Front-panel digital master volume control
- State-of-the-art clocking with hybrid 2-stage DPLL
- Fully-floating balanced architecture for low noise
Prism Sound Callia DA Converter Includes
- Prism Sound CALLIA
- USB Flash Drive with Firmware Loader and Windows Drivers
- IEC Power Cable
- USB Type-A to USB Type-B Cable
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review