The Prism Sound Lyra 2 Audio Interface represents the pinnacle of compact audio interfaces. Packing Prism Sounds trusted, uncompromising AD/DA conversion into a compact chassis perfect for use in the studio or on the road.
Based on the Orpheus’ audio path and clock circuitry, Lyra is ideal for those who don’t require a large I/O count, but do demand the highest quality and most transparent AD/DA available.
Renowned AD/DA Conversion
Lyra cuts no corners in its design and boasts the same trusted Prism Sound convertors used on countless hit records. It’s ultra-transparent characteristic means what you put into the Lyra is exactly what you get out of it.
Soft-clip Limiting (Overkiller)
Lyra’s analogue input channels include a switchable Prism Sound 'Overkiller' circuit. This soft-clip limiter gently absorbs transients and allows signal levels to be pushed to their limits without risk.
Featuring a single class-A microphone preamp, Lyra 1 guarantees superbly clean, detailed recordings that capture a performance the way it was intended.
Prism Sound's reputation for audio excellence has been matched only by its top quality after-sales support and technical advice. The longevity of a Prism Sound product is a testament to the dedicated team behind
Lyra’s hardware front panel gives a continuous visual indication of the unit’s main settings and levels, but in-depth control is managed from the Lyra control panel. This runs on the host computer, and can be brought into view whenever adjustments are needed. The upper area of the control panel shows a panel of ‘Global’ settings for the entire group of connected interfaces and a panel of ‘Unit’ settings which is assignable to each connected unit in turn, using the enclosed drop-list. These settings are concerned with general parameters such as sync source and sample rate selection, metering and buffering modes. An ‘Identify’ button causes all the LEDs on the selected box to light, to assist with identification in multi-unit systems. To the right, there are large buttons for loading and saving setups, and for on-line help.
Verifile is a radical new proprietary technology exclusive to Prism Sound which allows computer audio streams and recorded files to be quickly checked for a wide range of clicks, errors and dropouts, without any compromise in the audio content or any additional metadata. The Verifile process is entirely invisible and inaudible to the user, so using it is simplicity itself. Developed to meet the needs of our audio archiving clients where even the most minute, inaudible error is completely unacceptable. Verifile can quickly identify and detect any such imperfection making it also the ideal choice for mastering & mix engineers.
Prism Sound Lyra 2 Audio Interface Features
- No-compromise, full Prism Sound audio quality
- Class compliant (UAC2) USB interface
- ASIO and WDM drivers for Windows (32 and 64bit)
- Native CORE AUDIO on Mac OS X
- UAC2 operation on Linux (no control panel support)
- Ethernet interface with low-latency AVB capability
- Two Prism Sound premium-quality AD channels
- Two high-end integrated microphone preamps (typ. -130 dBu EIN)
- Microphone inputs have switchable phantom power and 20dB pads
- MS matrix on microphone inputs
- Two high-impedance front panel instrument inputs
- Prism Sound "Overkillers" to gracefully control transient overloads
- Four Prism Sound premium-quality DA channels, plus independent stereo headphone DA
- Outputs selectable between workstation bus or Lyra mixer
- New high-drive headphone output with front-panel volume control
- Digital I/O
- S/PDIF on RCA/phono and TOSLINK connectors
- S/PDIF stereo or ADAT 8 channel I/O supported on TOSLINK optical connectors
- AES3 mode with I/O via RCA/XLR adaptor
- Built in high-quality sample rate conversion
- Prism Sound SNS noise shaping on digital outputs (4 curves)
- Word-clock sync I/O
- Low-latency "console-quality" digital mixer for foldback monitoring
- Fader, pan, cut, solo on every mixer channel
- Front-panel master volume control, assignable to selected channels
- State-of-the-art clock generation with proprietary hybrid 2-stage DPLL
- Fully-floating (isolated) balanced architecture for optimum noise rejection
Prism Sound Lyra 2 Audio Interface Specifications
- Channels: Dual-Channel
- Digital Inputs: 10
- Analog Inputs: 2
- Input Connectors: 1/4-inch TRS, Analog XLR, BNC, Optical, RCA
- Digital Outputs: 10
- Analog Outputs: 4
- Output Connectors: 1/4-inch TRS, BNC, Optical, RCA
- Computer Connection: USB
- Number of Preamps: 2
- Clock I/O: In, Out
- Maximum Sampling Rate: 192 kHz
- Digital Format: ADAT, AES/EBU, S/PDIF