The Primacoustic ThunderTile Absorption Panel combines the acoustic absorption of Broadway fiberglass panels with the sound-stopping mass of 1/2-inch gypsum board. This composite tile is ideal for use in studios, boardrooms, schools, legal and medical offices where room acoustics need to be controlled and privacy maintained by reducing sound transmission between rooms.
The Primacoustic ThunderTile Aborption Panel is a unique acoustic T-bar ceiling tile that combines the remarkable absorption characteristics of high density glass wool with the sound-blocking attributes of gypsum board. Once installed, the Primacoustic ThunderTiles Absorption Panel provides effective control of the reverberant field while eliminating bothersome primary reflections that make communication difficult.
The design begins with a pure white finish on top of an acoustically transparent micromesh tissue that fully encapsulates the panel. This is bonded to a ¾” layer of 6lb per cubic foot high-density glass wool. Sound waves pass through the tissue into the wool causing the minute glass fibers to vibrate, absorbing sound energy. The acoustic panel is then laminated to a ½” layer of heavy gypsum board. This adds the extra ‘sound-blocking’ mass that stops from sound traveling between adjacent rooms through the air space ‘plenum’ above the panels.
Designed to retrofit into existing T-Bar systems, the Primacoustic ThunderTiles are available in both square 24x24 and 24x48 panel sizes. Choose between a space saving ‘trim’ edge treatment (in the 24x24 and 24x48 size panel) for flush-mounting, or the ‘reveal’ edge (in the 24x24 size panel) that drops down below the T-Bar to produce an architecturally sculpted appearance. Panels are finished in Absolute White for optimum reflectance and may also be painted to suit. Cutting out panels for light fixtures, ventilation and ceiling speakers follows the same cut and position process used with regular ceiling tiles. But unlike low-cost mineral wool tiles, the Primacoustic ThunderTile Absorption Panel (24x24 Trim Edge) will not sag due to moisture. This makes them particularly well suited for use in regions with fluctuating temperatures and humidity levels.
The Primacoustic ThunderTile Absorption Panel has been fully tested to meet the stringent ASTM-E84 fire and smoke development requirements for Class-A/1 designation and safe use anywhere. The Primacoustic ThunderTile Absorption Panel combine a highly absorptive acoustic panel with the sound blocking attributes of gypsum making them the perfect solution for conference rooms, music rooms, home theatres, call centers, doctor’s offices, and restaurants… in fact any room where echo from hard surfaces can reduce intelligibility and noise abatement is required.
Primacoustic ThunderTile Absorption Panel Features
- Dual function composite T-Bar ceiling tile
- Combines absorptive glass wool with gypsum board
- Improves intelligibility by reducing room echo
- Stops sound from entering or exiting room
- Absolute white finish for optimum reflectivity
Primacoustic ThunderTile Absorption Panel Specifications
- Edge: Trim
- Grid Size: 24x24
- Material: High-Density Glass Wool (6 lbs/pcf)
- Facing: Fiberglass Tissue Painted with Water Based Latex Paint
- Colour: Absolute White Paintable Finish
- Installation: Exposed T-Bar Grid, ¾” (15 ~ 24mm)
- NRC: 0.95
- CAC: 46
- Fire-Resistant: Class-1/A: ASTM E84, CANULS102 (US and Canada) Non-Combustible According to GB9624-1997
- Thermal-Resistant: Greater than 0.5 (m2.k/w)
- Humidity: Stable with Up to 95% RH @ 120ºF (40°C)
- Stability at 95% RH: No Sagging, Warping or Delaminating
- Moisture Rate: Less than 1% (JC/T670-2005)
- Environmental Impact: Tiles and Packing are Fully Recyclable
- Safety: Limit of Radionuclides in Building Materials Specific Activity of 226Ra: Ira
Primacoustic ThunderTile Absorption Panel Includes
- 8x Primacoustic ThunderTile Absorption Panels (24x24 Trim Edge)
- 30 Days Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review