Presonus Eris R65 Studio Monitor
The PreSonus R65 Active AMT Monitors are 2-way speaker systems that incorporate the dynamic output characteristics of Kevlar® woofers mated with the ultra-fast transient response and ability to handle ultrahigh harmonics that is unique to AMT tweeters.
Featuring a transparent and highly accurate sound with a wide sweet spot, they are ideal for use in home and commercial recording studios as well as in broadcast and post production environments.
The benefits of AMT technology
The custom-made PreSonus AMT tweeter provides excellent transient response and low-distortion for a clean, detailed, and highly dynamic output. By combining the low-mass Kapton diaphragm with the pleated coil into a single unit, the two components move at the same instant as the current passes through the coil. Energy loss is greatly minimizeddramatically improving performance and efficiency. The end result is narrow vertical dispersion that reduces undesirable ceiling reflections and broad horizontal dispersion for a wide sweet spot that is well suited for rooms with multiple listeners.
Combined with Kevlar LF transducers
In addition to its clean sound and punchy bass, the weave and nature of the Kevlar design in the R65s woofers also works to break up any reflected energyso fewer delayed reflections reach the listeners ears, resulting in a less colored, more cohesive sound. This design, in conjunction with the AMT tweeter, works to create a transparent sound in both models with reduced floor reflections that translates well to a variety of playback environments.
Presonus Eris R65 Studio Monitor Features
- LF amplifier power: 100 watts
- HF amplifier power: 50 watts
- Balanced XLR and ¼-inch TRS plus Unbalanced RCA inputs provide flexibility for seamless integration into any environment
- ADC (Analog to Digital Conversion): 24bit/192K 105 dB dynamic range
- DAC (Digital to Analog Conversion): 24bit/192K 110 dB dynamic range
- Energy Conservation Mode (with enable/ disable)
- System Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/ off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse
Presonus Eris R65 Studio Monitor Specifications
- LF Driver: 6.5" Kevlar
- HF Drive: Custom AMT Tweeter
- Diaphragm Area: 6.8 inch2 (4400 mm2)
- Equivalent Diaphragm ø: 3" (75 mm)
- System Power: 150W biamped
- LF Power: 100W
- HF Power: 50W
- Frequency Response: 45 Hz to 22 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.7 kHz
- Peak SPL (@ 1M): 104 dB
- Dimensions (HxDxW): 12.9" x 10.3" x 8" - (328 mm x 261 mm x 203 mm)
- Weight:14.8 lbs (6.72 kg)
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I bought these to replace some older Alesis M1Active 520, in the search for a little more low end and something with a front firing port for the primary purposes of listening to jazz and rock on my computer, and editing classical acoustic music from the same work desk. From that point of view, these definitely succeed. The tweeters are nicely revealing, there's plenty of sound down to the 45hz region, which is gone by 40, and I like the overall sound. Also, the adjustments on back allow a lot of flexibility for your preferences and room situation. Also, they don't pick up as much interference from other electronics on the desk, which was a problem on other monitors I've tried. Finally, the changeable faceplates are a nice touch, even if they're pretty cheap plastic. My only reservation in giving the R65 a five-star rating: self noise! These babies HISS a good bit at idle. You don't notice it when you're playing sound through them, but if you work with the monitors on, in silence, you definitely notice it (whether a source is connected or not). I wish they would have put a few more $$ in the amplifier section, so this would be less noticeable than most other monitors I've used.