Kali Audio IN-8 V2 Studio Monitor
The Kali Audio IN-8 V2 Studio Monitor is a 3-way studio monitor with an 8-inch woofer and a 4-Inch midrange with a coaxial 1-inch tweeter. The unique architecture of the Midrange and Tweeter eliminates off-axis lobing, giving the IN-8 an incredibly accurate, lifelike stereo image.
Kali Audio's IN-8 V2 is a 3-way studio monitor with an 8-inch woofer and a 4-Inch midrange with a coaxial 1-inch tweeter. The unique architecture of the Midrange and Tweeter eliminates off-axis lobing, giving the IN-8 an incredibly accurate, lifelike stereo image. The strength of the stereo image, combined with the clarity of the speakers overall, make it extremely easy to build a complete, detailed picture of your mix. Every aspect of your mix is presented with clarity and accuracy, allowing you to dial in precisely the sound you want.
This new version of the IN-8 is part of Kali’s 2nd Wave of loudspeakers. A new amplifier platform allows for 12 dB less self noise, while increasing max SPL by 3 dB. The tuning has been refined for smoother HF response, and the boundary EQs have been updated to reflect common real-world use cases. Physical improvements include lighter transducer cones for better transient response and upgraded cabinet construction for greater reliability.
The IN-8 features an 8-inch woofer, a 4-inch mid-range driver, and a 1-inch soft dome tweeter. The mid-range driver and the tweeter are coincident, meaning that they share the same acoustic center. You might have heard the terms “coaxial” or “concentric” to describe this arrangement. Those terms are technically correct as well.
Because of the coincident placement of the mid-range and tweeter, and the crossover of the woofer to the mid-range (330 Hz,) the IN-8 is an acoustic point source. This gives it an ideal directivity characteristic for a studio monitor. You will be able to hear a very lifelike stereo image, with details placed clearly and consistently. Off-axis lobing that is unavoidable in a 2-way system is virtually eliminated with the IN-8.
Substantial work was done to optimize the mid-range driver not only for its own acoustic performance, but also for its role as the waveguide for the tweeter. The shape is very precise to allow for controlled directivity at mid range to tweeter crossover, ensuring accurate summing both on- and off-axis. Excursion on the midrange is limited to less than 1mm peak to peak, so that the oscillation of the mid-range does not have a negative effect on the tweeter.
On top of this, the IN-8 incorporates all of the benefits of Kali's Lone Pine series monitors. These include optimized woofers for powerful, clean bass, a front-firing port tube, and our boundary compensation EQs.
Kali Audio IN-8 V2 Studio Monitor Features
- Coaxial Midrange and Tweeter: The unique architecture of the Midrange and Tweeter eliminates off-axis lobing, giving the IN-8 an incredibly accurate, lifelike stereo image.
- Low Noise Port Tube: The IN-8 has the clean, punchy bass of a front-ported speaker with very low noise from the port tube.
- Bass Power: Bass on the IN-8 is delivered by a larger magnet and larger voice coil than any comparable speaker on the market. This gives you more accurate bass response that extends lower, so you can dial in exactly the low end sound you need.
- Boundary EQ: Get accurate sound from your speakers no matter where they’re placed in the room
- Class D Amplification: The integrated 40W + 40W Class D Power amp delivers clean, reliable power that's optimized to this speaker.
- XLR, TRS, and RCA Inputs: The IN-8 features balanced XLR and TRS inputs, and an unbalanced RCA input.
- 2nd Wave Technologies: The new IN-8 V2 is part of Kali’s 2nd Wave of loudspeakers, realizing improvements made since Kali was founded in 2018.
Kali Audio IN-8 V2 Studio Monitor Specifications
- Powered: Yes
- Amplifier Class: D
- Power Configuration: Tri-Amped
- LF Power: 60 W
- Mid-Range Power: 40 W
- HF Power: 40 W
- Total Power: 140 W
- LF Driver: 8-Inch Poly-Coated Paper
- Mid-Range Driver: 4-Inch Optimized Profile Poly-Coated Paper
- HF Driver: 1-Inch Textile Dome
- Frequency Response: (-10 dB) 37 Hz - 25 kHz
- Frequency Range: (±3 dB) 45 Hz - 21 kHz
- LF to Mid-Range Crossover: 280 Hz
- Mid-Range to HF Crossover: 2800 Hz
- SPL: 85 dB Continuous at 2.8 Meters with 20 dB Headroom
- Max SPL: 117 dB
- Enclosure: Front Ported
- Height: 17.75 Inches (44.1 cm)
- Width: 11.25 Inches (28.5cm)
- Depth: 10 Inches (25.4cm)
- Product Weight: 23 lbs (10.4 Kg)
Kali Audio IN-8 V2 Studio Monitor Includes
- 2x IN-8 Studio Monitor
- 2x Local Power Cable
- Quickstart Guide
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
These monitors are an amazing value. Very detailed stereo image and a pleasant but mostly flat frequency response. Not your typical smiley face curve you get with a lot of low end speakers. A little bit of low mid coloration probably due to cabinet material. The most important thing is how well these speakers make your mixes translate to the real world.