PreSonus PRM1 Precision Reference Microphone
The PreSonus PRM1 Precision Reference Microphone is a special type of condenser microphone that provides an accurate reproduction of a room's sound characteristics for use with audio-analysis tools
PreSonus PRM1 Precision Reference Microphone Details
The PreSonus PRM1 Precision Reference Microphone is a special type of condenser microphone that provides an accurate reproduction of a room's sound characteristics for use with audio-analysis tools such as real-time analyzers (RTAs) and spectrographs. Since it is a condenser mic, it requires phantom power. The PRM1 employs a Â¼" pre-polarized electret-condenser capsule and has an omnidirectional polar pattern, meaning it is equally sensitive in all directions. This allows the microphone to measure reflections, as well as direct signals, providing an accurate depiction of the room.
This mic can handle up to 132 dB SPL and exhibits linear ("?flat") frequency response between 20 Hz and 20 kHz, so it won"?t color the sound. The PRM1 has a narrow dynamic range, since it is intended to receive test frequencies, such as pink noise, at a fixed level. Therefore it is not recommended for recording purposes. But it"?s the right mic for tuning a sound system to reproduce those tracks accurately in a room.
While the PRM1 can be used for a variety of measurement applications, such as MLSSA, Spectrafoo, and TEF, it is especially recommended for use with PreSonus Virtual StudioLive software with Smaart Measurement Technology and PreSonus StudioLive 24.4.2 and StudioLive 16.4.2 digital mixers. With this combination, you can have a complete, powerful, and affordable, audio-analysis and correction system.
The PRM1 has an all-metal chassis and comes with a clip, foam windscreen, and hard case.
PreSonus PRM1 Precision Reference Microphone Features
- Â¼-inch, pre-polarized electret-condenser capsule
- Linear frequency response between 20 Hz and 20 kHz
- Omnidirectional polar pattern
- Low noise, low distortion
- All-metal chassis
- Comes with a clip, foam windscreen, and hard case
- High-quality components and rugged construction
- Suitable for system analysis and measurement
- Especially recommended for use with PreSonus StudioLive mixers and VSL with Smaart Measurement Technology
PreSonus PRM1 Precision Reference Microphone Specifications
- Type: Black electret condenser
- Element: Pressure, FET preamplifier
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Polarity: Pin 2 output positive voltage (relative to Pin 3) when diaphragm receives positive pressure (moves inward)
- Connector: 3-pin XLR Male
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Sensitivity (@ 1 kHz open-circuit voltage): -37 dB/Pa (14 mV/Pa) 1 Pa=94 dB SPL
- Rated Impedance: 200Ω
- Minimum Load Impedance: 1,000Ω
- EIN (A-weighted): 26 dB
- Max. SPL (1 kΩ load): 132 dB SPL (THD ≤ 1%, 1 kHz)
- Dynamic Range (1 kΩ load): 106 dB
- S/N Ratio: 70 dB
- Phantom Power: 9-52V
- Current Consumption: 2 mA
- Length: 7.56" (192 mm)
- Width: 0.83" (21 mm)
- Weight: 5.3 oz (150g)
- Finish: Metal, matte black
- Environmental Conditions: 10-50˚ C, humidity 0-95%
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The service and online order process was great and the product arrived on time just as I was quoted!
The microphone worked perfectly. Although I experienced a number of software difficulties, the microphone performed very well. Very pleased with this purchase.
Like this measurement mic, well built. Come with mic clip, and carry case. too bad no calibration file provided (not sure if reli need 1)
The PRM1 is a very affordable precision measurement tool and when used with the Studio Live, it gives the sound person a great advantage when setting up systems in different venues.