PreSonus PRM1 Precision Reference Microphone
The PreSonus PRM1 Precision Reference Microphone is a special type of condenser microphone that provides an accurate reproduction of a room's sound characteristics for use with audio-analysis tools.
The PreSonus PRM1 Precision Reference Microphone employs a ¼”, pre-polarized electret-condenser capsule with an omnidirectional polar pattern, which allows the microphone to measure reflections, as well as direct signals up to 132 dB SPL. The PreSonus PRM1 has an all-metal chassis and comes with a clip, foam windscreen, and hard case.
What Makes the PRM1 Different from Most Mics?
Unlike mics you use for recording and live sound, the PreSonus PRM1 has a narrow dynamic range, since it is intended to receive test frequencies, such as pink noise, at a fixed level. As a result, it is not recommended for recording or performance—but it’s the right mic for analyzing a sound system’s performance. The PreSonus PRM1 exhibits linear (“flat”) frequency response between 20 Hz and 20 kHz, meaning it captures all frequencies equally within that range. Since it neither boosts nor cuts frequencies, it doesn’t color the sound, making it ideal for measuring what a room or speaker is doing to a sound system’s outgoing signal.
Designed for Use with Smaart and Other Audio Analysis Tools
While the PreSonus PRM1 can be used for a variety of measurement applications, such as MLSSA™, Spectrafoo™, and TEF™, it is especially recommended for use with the Smaart® System Check wizards that are integrated into PreSonus® UC Surface control software for StudioLive® AI and StudioLive RM mixers. With this combination, you can have a complete, powerful, and affordable, audio-analysis and correction system.
PreSonus PRM1 Precision Reference Microphone Features
- ¼-Inch, pre-polarized electret-condenser capsule
- Linear frequency response between 20 Hz and 20 kHz
- Omnidirectional polar pattern
- Low noise, low distortion
- All-metal chassis
- Comes with a clip, foam windscreen, and hard case
- High-quality components and rugged construction
- Suitable for system analysis and measurement
- Especially recommended for use with PreSonus® StudioLive® mixers and VSL with Smaart® Measurement Technology
PreSonus PRM1 Precision Reference Microphone Specifications
- Type: Black Electret Condenser
- Element: Pressure, FET Preamplifier
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Sensitivity (@ 1 kHz Open-Circuit Voltage): -37 dB/Pa (14 mV/Pa) 1 Pa=94 dB SPL
- Rated Impedance: 200O
- Minimum Load Impedance: 1,000O
- EIN (A-Weighted): 26 dB
- Max. SPL (1 kO Load): 132 dB SPL (THD = 1%, 1 kHz)
- Dynamic Range (1 kO Load): 106 dB
- S/N Ratio: 70 dB
- Polarity: Pin 2 Output Positive Voltage (Relative to Pin 3) When Diaphragm Receives Positive Pressure (Moves Inward)
- Connector: 3-Pin XLR Male
- Phantom Power: 9-52V
- Current Consumption: 2 mA
- Length: 7.56” (192 mm)
- Width: 0.83” (21 mm)
- Weight: 5.3 oz (150g)
- Finish: Metal, Matte Black
- Environmental Conditions: 10-50° C, Humidity 0-95%
PreSonus PRM1 Precision Reference Microphone Includes
- 1 x PreSonus PRM1 Precision Reference Microphone
- 1 x Hard Case
- 1 x Shock Mount
- 1 x Foam Windscreen
- 1 Year Warranty
PreSonus PRM1 Precision Reference Microphone Downloads
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The service and online order process was great and the product arrived on time just as I was quoted!
The microphone worked perfectly. Although I experienced a number of software difficulties, the microphone performed very well. Very pleased with this purchase.
Like this measurement mic, well built. Come with mic clip, and carry case. too bad no calibration file provided (not sure if reli need 1)
The PRM1 is a very affordable precision measurement tool and when used with the Studio Live, it gives the sound person a great advantage when setting up systems in different venues.