The Pearl Microphones MS8 Microphone is a stereo condenser microphone designed especially for TV, video and film production. With Mid (M), Side (S) stereo miking, the MS8 allows the engineer to fine tune the sound at any stage during production, from super mono to any degree of MS stereo.
The Pearl Microphones MS8 Microphone contains one cardioid capsule facing forward and two capsules pointing sideways. These signals — the mid (M) and side (S) — will produce true MS stereo, a method considered to be the best sounding, most useful and mono compatible of all stereo miking techniques.
The Pearl Microphones MS8 outputs the M and S signals separately, so the engineer can fine tune the sound at any stage during production, from super mono to any degree of MS stereo.
These microphones are very light, something every mic boom operator will appreciate. They are rugged and will survive most of the mic-unfriendly conditions you'll meet at a shooting session. The Pearl Microphones MS8 is finished with a durable black powder coat paint. An LED indicates that phantom power is on.
Pearl Microphones MS8 Microphone Features
- Perfect for TV, video and film production
- The Mid and Side signals produces true MS stereo
- Light-weight and rugged enough to survive most of the mic-unfriendly conditions
- Finished with a durable black powder coat paint
- An LED indicates that phantom power is on
Pearl Microphones MS8 Microphone Specifications
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid (Mid) plus figure of eight (Side)
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa
- Frequency Response: 40Hz - 20kHz
- Impedance: 500 ohms
- Operating Voltage: 30-48 Volts
- Rec. Load Imp: 1 K Ohms
- Current Consumption: 1.6 mA
- Self Noise: 18 dBA
- Max SPL: 130 dB
- Connector: 5-pin XLR
- Dimensions: 185 x ø28 mm
- Weight: 160 g
Pearl Microphones MS8 Microphone Includes
- MS8 Microphone
- Wooden Box
- Pearl Microphones 1930 Mount
- Individual Frequency Graph
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review