The Pearl Microphones DS70 Microphone is a four channel multi pattern stereophonic microphone. It features Pearl’s legendary rectangular membrane capsules, optimized internal wiring and body as well as several innovations which will facilitate the use on on-site or studio recording and create a superior sound quality.
The Pearl Microphones DS70 Microphone with its quad channel capabilities has been one of the world’s most coveted microphones for almost twenty years. In 2012, the Pearl Microphones DS60 was awarded “Editor’s Choice” by the German audio publication “Professional Audio Magazin”.
Pearl Microphones, one of the world’s leading microphone manufacturers, has now developed a new quad channel, multi- purpose microphone, the Pearl Microphones DS70. The Pearl Microphones DS70 features two dual membrane capsules allowing users to pick up and record in M-S, X/Y, Blumlein, Surround, Omni, Cardioid, Figure eight and other patterns. The four channels are connected to the console or DAW discretely, allowing the sound engineer to delay the final decision on patterns and room ambience to the post production phase.
In the Pearl Microphones DS70, the fixture of the capsules is new, allowing a larger, more homogeneous aperture which minimizes internal reflections. It also provides a stable arrangement of the capsule reducing susceptibility to vibrations and creating an optimized phase accuracy between the two capsules.
The Pearl Microphones DS70 has, compared with its predecessor, an improved indication system allowing an immediate assignment of each capsule membrane to the respective output cable.
The Pearl Microphones DS70 is fitted with the legendary Pearl 2800 capsules with rectangular membrane technology. Furthermore, for its internal wiring, the Pearl Microphones DS70 features highly sophisticated wires from specialized Swiss wire and cable manufacturer Vovox.
The Pearl Microphones DS70 has been designed to meet the highest demands by sound professionals and will be a valuable tool for anyone recording on-site. For small groups of instruments, vocals, organs or as a surround microphone, this microphone excels not only by being extremely user friendly but also with a sound quality based on Pearl’s legendary 2800 capsule.
Pearl Microphones DS70 Microphone Features
- 4-Channel multi-pattern stereophonic microphone
- Two dual membrane capsules for recording in M-S, X/Y, Blumlein, Surround, Omni, Cardiod, Figure eight and other patterns
- The fixture of the capsules minimizes internal reflections
- Stable arrangement of the capsules creates an optimized phase accuracy between the two capsules
- Fitted with the legendary Pearl 2800 capsules with rectangular membrane technology
Pearl Microphones DS70 Microphone Specifications
- Type: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Multi-pattern
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 25 kHz
- Impedance: 100 Ohm
- Operating Voltage: 48 Volts
- Rec Min Load Imp: 1K Ohms
- Current Consumption: 5,5 mA
- Self Noise: 14 dBA
- Max SPL: 126 dB
- Dimensions: 195 x ø42 mm
- Weight: 470 Grams
Pearl Microphones DS70 Microphone Includes
- DS70 Microphone
- Aluminium Flight Case
- 10 Metre 8-Core Cable
- Four Way Splitter Termination Box (for 4 x 3-pin XLR ´s to the console or sound interface)
- Rycote Elastic Suspension
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review