Neumann USM 69i Stereo Microphone
The Neumann USM 69i Stereo Microphone is a one-point stereo mic for all coincident stereo techniques. Featuring two independent dual diaphragm condenser capsules with 5 polar patterns each, the USM 69i is an excellent stereo mic for any musical application.
The Neumann USM 69i Stereo Microphone is perfect for vocal and instrumental ensembles, drums overheads, large instruments such as grand piano and harp, as well as solo instruments when stereo width and spatial movement is desired to enhance the listening experience.
Stereo Recording Made Easy
The Neumann USM 69i is a one-point stereo microphone for all coincident stereo techniques such as XY, MS, and Blumlein. Each of the two large diaphragm capsule systems has its own pattern selector with 5 positions; the upper system can be rotated over a range of 270°. The Neumann USM 69i can also be used in mono with two directional characteristics simultaneously.
One Point Stereo Microphone
Stereo recording with two separate microphones can be cumbersome. Especially with coincident stereo setups, where the two capsules must be placed very close to each other at a defined angle to ensure precise imaging. The Neumann USM 69i one point stereo microphone makes such coincident stereo recording techniques very easy.
Two in One
The Neumann USM 69i has two separate dual diaphragm condenser capsules, mounted vertically, which may be rotated against each other over an angle of 270°. The polar pattern of each capsule can be selected individually using two built-in rotary switches. Each capsule has its own head amplifier feeding separate pins of the XLR 5 output connector. The Neumann USM 69i, thus, is two independent microphones in one convenient package. As it requires only one microphone stand, the Neumann USM 69i is very easy to re-position for optimal results. With five polar patterns available for each capsule – omni, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, and figure-8 – the Neumann USM 69 i allows for MS and XY stereo techniques in all variations, including Blumlein. Thanks to its low self-noise of 13 dB-A and its high SPL capability of 132 dB, the Neumann USM 69i may be placed freely for best sound and imaging, with no worries about excess noise or distortion. An active subsonic filter protects the output transformers from overload due to structure borne noise.
The Neumann USM 69i is an excellent stereo microphone for any musical applications such as vocal and instrumental ensembles, drums overheads, large instruments such as grand piano and harp, as well as solo instruments when stereo width and spatial movement is desired to enhance the listening experience. The Neumann USM 69i is also a superb microphone for radio drama, and audio book productions with a sound similar to the acclaimed standard for spoken word, the Neumann U87 Ai, but adding a stereo perspective.
Apart from stereo applications, the Neumann USM 69i may also be used to record a mono source with two different polar patterns simultaneously. Since both microphones inside the Neumann USM 69i work completely independently, it can serve as its own backup microphone in high reliability situations. If one side fails or is inadvertently disconnected, the other side remains unaffected. Even in the rare event that DC converter for the capsule bias fails, the Neumann USM 69i remains operational; both systems will automatically select the cardioid pattern and continue to work with just a slightly reduced sensitivity.
Neumann USM 69i Stereo Microphone Features
- One-point stereo microphone for XY- and MS-techniques
- Two large diaphragm capsules with separate pattern selection
- Five polar patterns
- Upper capsule rotates against the lower capsule over 270°
- Transformer balanced circuit with very low self-noise
Neumann USM 69i Stereo Microphone Specifications
- Acoustical Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient Transducer
- Directional Pattern: Omnidirectional, Wide-Angle Cardioid, Cardioid, Hypercardioid, Figure-8
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: at 1 kHz into 1 k ohm 13 mV/Pa
- Rated Impedance: 150 ohms
- Rated Load Impedance: 1 k ohms
- Equivalent Noise Level: CCIR1) 24 dB
- Equivalent Noise Level: (A-Weighted1) 13 dB-A
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: (CCIR1) (rel. 94 dB SPL) 70 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: (A-Weighted1) (rel. 94 dB SPL) 81 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD: 0.5%2) 132 dB
- Maximum Output Voltage: 3 dBu
- Dynamic Range of the Microphone Amplifier: (A-Weighted) 119 dB
- Supply Voltage: (P48, IEC 61938) 48 V ± 4 V
- Current Consumption: (P48, IEC 61938) 2 x 0.7 mA
- Matching Connector: XLR5F
- Finish: Nickel
- Weigh: 510 g
- Diameter: 30 + 48 mm
- Length: 293 mm
Neumann USM 69i Stereo Microphone Includes
- 1 x Neumann USM 69i Stereo Microphone (Nickel)
- Wood Box
- 2 Year Warranty
Neumann USM 69i Stereo Microphone Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review