MXL 2003A Microphone
The MXL 2003A Microphone is a large capsule condenser mic designed to capture the detail and rich sound of vocals, acoustic/electric guitars, and percussion recordings. Featuring a 3-micron gold-sputtered diaphragm and a cardioid pickup pattern, the 2003A is very sensitive, readily revealing very subtle sonic details.
The MXL 2003A Microphone is widely used to record vocals and other featured sound sources due to its low noise and ability to capture more acoustic energy than smaller diaphragm mics. Designed with a large, highly sensitive condenser capsule, the MXL 2003A captures the detail and rich sound of vocals, acoustic/electric guitars, and percussion recordings. A selectable bass roll off reduces unwanted low frequency rumble and a 10db pad attenuates the mic so that it can reproduce a wide range of sounds.
A switch selectable bass cut and -10 dB pad provide additional recording options, and a transformerless FET preamp will please the pickiest engineers with its smooth and even response.
MXL 2003A Microphone Features
- Large diaphragm mic with a vintage-modeled capsule design
- Transformerless FET preamp for a smooth, even response
- Outstanding realism for vocal and instrument recordings
- Bass roll-off and attenuator for added flexibility
MXL 2003A Microphone Specifications
- Type: Pressure gradient condenser mic
- Diaphragm: 3 micron gold-sputtered
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: -42.9 dB re 1 V/Pa
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Equivalent Noise: -11 dB (A-weighted IEC 651)
- S/N Ratio: 83 dB
- Max SPL for .5% THD: 152 dB SPL
- Power Requirements: 48V phantom power (+/- 4V)
- Current Consumption: 6.6mA
- Size: 50mm x 190mm/1.97 in. x 7.48 in.
- Weight: 453.59g/1 lb
- Metal Finish: Black with black grill
MXL 2003A Microphone Includes
- MXL 2003A Microphone
- MXL-56 High-Isolation Shockmount
- MXL Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
- Protective Case
- User Manual
- 1 Year Warranty
MXL 2003A Microphone Downloads
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I paid through the phone and the customer representative was very friendly and helpful. I was able to pay for the item easily, without any doubts or suspicions whatsoever. The item also arrived very well packed and at incredible shipping speed. The rep even left a personal note of thanks. Wow...this is what good shopping is all about. :-)
I haven't had a chance to really get to grips with it but what I've got out of it so far is absolutely amazing for the money.
It absolutely has to be in your shortlist of budget mics under consideration!
This microphone was recommended to me as a great sounding microphone without the hyped highs of many low end condensers.
I think that description is spot on. It sounds really good on most vocals I've recorded with it so far - and no deesser needed!
I've also tried it as mono OH - no luck there. The peak around 5k made the cymbals sound alittle "washy".
But for the price, it's an excellt vocal microphone.
I recently picked up a pair of these after reading some forum reviews. I have to say these mics are definitely worth a lot more that the price tag. One of the only mics in this price range that doesn't have hyped harsh highs.
If your looking for a cheap alternative to a U87, this is it! It has all the german mid range presence you're looking for. Don't let the low price fool you. This mic can hold its own on lead vocals, even next to bigger name mics.