The MOTU Monitor 8 Monitor Mixer is a single rack space 24 x 16 x 8 monitor mixer, 6-channel headphone amplifier and a USB 2.0 audio interface with industry-standard AVB networking for sub-millisecond network latency.
Withthe MOTU Monitor 8 Monitor Mixer you can create multiple mixes from a variety of inputs, including 8 channels of high-quality balanced (TRS) analog, 16 channels (2 banks) of ADAT optical, 32 channels of audio streamed from other devices on a connected AVB audio network (if present), and host software audio channels coming from the computer over USB or AVB Ethernet.
With XLR Main Outs and balanced quarter-inch Aux Outs, feed your main mix and monitor mix to studio monitors or PA speakers. Create six additional, independent monitor mixes, each with multiple mirrored outputs that include two sets of 1/4-inch headphone outs (front and rear panel), a summed 1/4-inch mono output, and, for groups A-D, balanced stereo quarter-inch outs. This flexible output design lets you send each monitor mix to multiple destinations simultaneously, such as two pairs of headphones, a wireless in-ear monitoring system, and a stage wedge. Monitor 8 delivers exceptional audio quality based on the same industry-recognized analog design as MOTU's groundbreaking 1248, 8M and 16A audio interfaces.
The MOTU Monitor 8 operates without a computer as a stand-alone mixer and headphone amp, but it can also function as a universally compatible AVB or USB 2.0 audio interface that is USB 3.0 and iOS compatible.
Powerful DSP delivers large console style mixing with 48 channels, 12 stereo busses, and 32-bit floating point effects processing, including modeled analog EQ, vintage compression and classic reverb. For stand-alone mixing, control Monitor 8 over Wi-Fi from web app software running in your favorite web browser on your iPad™, iPhone™, tablet, smart phone, and laptop — or several devices simultaneously for multi-user control of the Monitor 8's multiple mix busses.
Use the industry-standard, high-performance AVB Ethernet network port to expand your system with additional MOTU interfaces for more I/O, or integrate the Monitor 8 into a state-of-the-art AVB audio network system.
From studio to stage, the Monitor 8 delivers superb sound quality, state-of-the-art operation, and reliable performance.
MOTU Monitor 8 Monitor Mixer Features
- Three products in one: 24 x 16 x 8 monitor mixer, 6-channel headphone amp and USB/AVB audio interface
- Employs the same analog design as MOTU's 1248, 8M and 16A audio interfaces
- Mix 24 physical inputs, multi-channel computer audio, and 64 AVB audio network channels to eight stereo bus outputs (Main, Aux, and monitor groups A thru F). Inputs include 8 channels of balanced (TRS) analog and 16 channels (2 banks) of ADAT optical
- Each group provides multiple mirrored outputs, including 2 x 1/4" phones (front and rear panel), summed 1/4" mono out for stage monitors, and for groups A-D, balanced stereo 1/4" outs, which can be fed to in-ear monitoring systems or other stereo destinations
- Connects to a computer with audio class compliant high-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS)
- Discovery app and web app software works alongside any host audio software
- On-board DSP with mixing and effects
- Flexible forty-eight input digital mixer modeled after large format mixing consoles, with twelve stereo busses and DSP effects, including reverb, four-band EQ, gate and compression
- DSP-driven mixing and effects engine delivers virtually unlimited headroom utilizing 32-bit floating point processing
- Modeled vintage effects processing with compression modeled after the legendary LA-2A compressor and EQ modeled after British analog console EQs
- Add a second MOTU AVB interface (24Ai, 24Ao, 1248, 8M or 16A) with a simple Cat-5e Ethernet cable
- Connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately)
- Build an AVB network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB switches and network cabling, with ultra-low network latency, even over long cable runs (100 meters point to point)
- Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network
- Matrix routing and splitting allows for sending any input to any output, or multiple outputs, including routing to and from the computer, plus any devices on the AVB network
- Control on-board DSP, mixing, device settings and network audio routing from web app software running in a preferred browser on a laptop, tablet or smart phone connected by wire or Wi-Fi to a local area network
- Standalone mixing with wireless control - connect an Apple Airport or other Wi-Fi router directly to the 24Ai with a standard Ethernet cable and control mixing and DSP effects from a smart phone or tablet, without a computer, great for live sound mixing
- Use the 24Ai as a twenty-four channel optical expander for other gear (24 channels at 44.1/48 kHz or 12 channels at 88.2/96 kHz)
- Large backlit 324 x 24 LCD allow for viewing all signal activity at a glance with detailed metering for all analog and digital I/O
- Access hardware settings from a simple and convenient menu
- Includes AudioDesk workstation software with 24-bit recording, sample-accurate editing and 32-bit mixing and mastering
MOTU Monitor 8 Monitor Mixer Specifications
- Connectivity: USB 2.0 Type B
- Simultaneous I/O: 24 x 16 x 8
- A/D Resolution: 32-bit/192kHz
- Analog Inputs: 8 x 1/4" (line in)
- Analog Outputs: 2 x XLR (main), 2 x 1/4" (aux out), 12 x 1/4" (headphones), 16 x 1/4" (monitor)
- Digital Inputs: 2 x Optical (ADAT)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review