The Dangerous Music D-BOX+ Summing Mixer & Monitor Controller is a ground-up dramatic redesign of the award-winning controller and summing mixer that provided countless studios the superior sound and versatile control of an analog mixer, all in just one rack space.
The newly designed 8-channel summing mixer and D-A stereo converter provide Dangerous Music’s bold and clear sound, while newly added features like Bluetooth connectivity and an app for remote control of all major functions unleash a cutting edge feature set that puts the D-BOX+ far ahead of the competition. As with all Dangerous Music products, the D-BOX+ is proudly made to exacting audiophile standards in the USA.
Like a large console’s center section, the D-BOX+ provides elaborate routing and switching of your studio’s inputs and outputs, both analog and digital. At the push of a button, you can select from five input sources: analog stereo, the onboard analog summing mixer, USB, AES/SPDIF and brand new for the D-BOX+, a wireless Bluetooth stream from any Bluetooth-enabled device. Outputs include three stereo speaker ports, and these can be programmed to be mono and/or to include a subwoofer. Further, you can use output 3 as source for an independent sub with individual level and mute control.
VERSATILE MONITORING OF MULTIPLE SOURCES
Any studio situation, but especially tracking sessions, call for independent monitor routing for artist and engineer. With the D-BOX+ you have two totally independent monitoring sections: Control Room and Headphones. With the simple push of a button, you can assign any of the five input sources to either of these monitoring paths, making what would otherwise be elaborate patches into instant choices. Want to check on your monitors what your artist is hearing in their headphones? Seamless source switching is simple.
REMOTE CONTROL VIA BLUETOOTH AND THE D-BOX+ APP
Using the new D-BOX+ Bluetooth app, on any current phone, tablet, or computer, you are no longer bound to your chair when you need control your studio. All major functions of the D-BOX+ show up in the highly intuitive and rock solid program, providing limitless new solutions to age-old studio problems. Want to listen to an artist’s instrument in the live room while switching monitoring sources in their headphones? No problem. Want to give a couch-bound producer control over the talkback mic through their phone? Simple. Want to listen to your mixes from the hallway while still swapping monitors or switching a sub in and out? You got it. If you can dream it up, the D-BOX+ app will deliver.
TWO POTENT HEADPHONE AMPS
A great session requires an great headphone mix, and a great headphone mix requires a great headphone amp. With the D-BOX+ you get two of them. These potent amps are so clean, powerful, and accurate that many engineers use them exclusively for fine-grained quality control listening right before delivering a record to market. With the easy yet elaborate routing capabilities of the D-BOX+, you can connect either in the front or rear (or both!) and can send any source to either headphone amp from both the front panel or remotely from the D-BOX+ app.
THREE MASTERING GRADE DIGITAL-TO-ANALOG STEREO CONVERTERS
Our D-A converters have been at the heart of award winning tracking, mixing, and mastering studios for decades. Advanced clock stabilization, top-of-class chip sets, and our uncompromising analog signal path add up to a D-A that’s as powerful as it is nuanced. Clarity and musicality of your digital sources are no longer trade-offs, but will come together for the best possible monitoring available in any price category and the D-BOX+ is loaded with three: USB, AES/SPDIF and Bluetooth.
ROCK SOLID USB CONNECTIVITY FOR WINDOWS AND MAC
USB audio connectivity has come a long way over the past decade, and Dangerous has been at the forefront of its development the entire time. With the D-BOX+ you not only get an ultra-fast, low-latency USB port, you also get the latest driverless connectivity on macOS and flawless driver support on current Windows computers. Say goodbye to fussing around with software just to get up and running, and say hello to plug-and-play connectivity.
TALKBACK FROM ANYWHERE
DAWs are incredible tools, but they don’t offer all the tools you need to make your studio sessions run like clockwork. The onboard talkback mic of the D-BOX+ offers a simple, time-honored solution to one of a studio’s most basic needs. Now that you can control that talkback mic from anywhere via the D-BOX+ app, you’ll find yourself waving your arms far less and communicating more effectively with your collaborators.
AN UPGRADED EIGHT-CHANNEL SUMMING MIXER
Anyone who has heard what a Dangerous summing mixer can do to improve the sonic impact, panning, depth, and width of a mix knows that there’s no substitute for analog summing when its done right. We’ve heard stellar results from traditional routing of subgroups to separate analog channels all the way to routing multiple effects returns to their own analog paths for unrivaled dimensionality. Mixing is an art form, and our analog summing mixer will help you create masterpieces.
Dangerous Music D-BOX+ Summing Mixer & Monitor Controller Features
- Newly upgraded 8-channel analog summing mixer delivers enormous soundstage and superior sonic impact
- Five analog and digital inputs at your fingertips (analog stereo, analog sum, USB, AES/SPDIF, Bluetooth)
- Bluetooth wireless audio streaming
- Free D-BOX+ app offers remote control of all major functions (volume, dim, talkback, I/O select, and more)
- Dedicated app runs on current macOS, Windows, IOS and Android devices and computers
- Driverless USB connectivity for macOS; simple USB driver installation for Windows
- On-board talkback mic with push-button activation (on front panel or remotely from app)
- Dual best-in-class headphone amplifiers with independent source selection and level control (front panel or app)
- Three independent speaker outputs (selected from front panel or from app)
- Programmable speaker selector allows for dedicated mono and/or sub inclusion on all outputs
Dangerous Music D-BOX+ Summing Mixer & Monitor Controller Specifications
- SUMMING SECTION
- Frequency Response Flat within 0.1dB from 10Hz to 50kHz
- THD+N @ +4dBu 0.0019%
- IMD 0.0020%
- Crosstalk Rejection >114dB @ 1kHz
- Noise floor @ unity gain 22Hz to 22kHz <-90dBu
- Maximum Input Level +27dBu
- SELECTED LINE OUTPUT
- Frequency Response Flat within 0.5dB from 10Hz to 50kHz
- THD+N @ +4dBu 0.0027%
- IMD 0.0027%
- Crosstalk Rejection >110dB @ 1kHz
- Noise Floor 22Hz to 22kHz <-89dBu
- Maximum Input Level +26dBu
- MONITOR SECTION
- Frequency Response Flat within 0.5dB from 10Hz to 50kHz
- THD+N @ +4dBu 0.0049%
- IMD 0.0090%
- Crosstalk Rejection >106dB @ 1kHz
- Volume off signal rejection >120dB
- Noise floor at unity gain 22Hz to 22kHz <-90dBu
- USB & AES DACS, MEASURED AT 96KHZ SAMPLE RATE
- Frequency Response Flat within 0.5dB from 10Hz to 30kHz
- THD+N @ -14dBfs 0.0027%
- Crosstalk Rejection >115dB @ 1kHz
- Dynamic Range >106dB
- HEADPHONE AMPS
- 4 ohm minimum load per amplifier (6-8 pairs of typical studio dynamic headphones)
- Power Output 3 Watts / Channel
- THD+N 0.0066%
- Crosstalk Rejection >100dB
Dangerous Music D-BOX+ Summing Mixer & Monitor Controller Includes
- D-BOX+ Summing Mixer & Monitor Controller
- Power Cable
- 2 Year Warranty (with online registration)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review