MOTU 828es Audio Interface
The MOTU 828es Audio Interface is designed to provide versatile connectivity, DSP console-style mixing, and high-resolution audio for musicians and recording engineers in project studios, commercial facilities, home setups, and live stage applications.
The MOTU 828es Audio Interface is loaded with ESS Sabre32 Ultra digital audio converters, it boasts a dynamic range of 123 dB and latency as low as 1.6 ms. The 828es can be used at up to 24-bit/192 kHz resolution with a host DAW or as a standalone mixer, and is compatible with Thunderbolt and USB on Mac OS X and Windows systems.
Its 28 inputs include eight 1/4" TRS inputs, two XLR-1/4" combo jacks for mics or instruments, and S/PDIF and ADAT optical ports. Phantom power is selectable per-preamp. Among the 32 outputs are eight 1/4" TRS jacks, two pre-converter 1/4" sends, balanced XLR main outputs, independent 1/4" TRS headphone outputs, and S/PDIF and ADAT optical ports.
Flexible monitor controls such as A/B speaker switching, mono summing, and mute functionality simplify studio life. Plus, a built-in talkback mic and front-panel talk button allow you to easily communicate with your artists. DSP-powered mixing offers console-style control over 48 channels, multiple aux buses and groups, and effects such as reverb, EQ, gating, and compression.
Control the interface functions via a web app on a wired or wireless device. Additional power is unlocked via the supplied MOTU software package, which includes audio-analysis tools and the AudioDesk digital audio workstation.
MOTU 828es Audio Interface Features
- Thunderbolt Connectivity: Enable high channel counts and low latency via Thunderbolt 1, 2, or 3 connection
- USB Connection: USB Type-B port is compatible with USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 ports
- Comprehensive I/O: 28 inputs and 32 outputs including stereo S/PDIF coaxial, 16 channels of ADAT optical, dual XLR-1/4" combo jacks, eight 1/4" I/O, two independent headphone outputs, and more
- DSP Mixer: A 48-input digital mixer delivers seven stereo aux busses, three groups, access to 64 network inputs, and DSP effects including reverb, 4-band EQ, gating, and compression
- Displays: Dual front-panel LCD screens provide visual access to robust metering and menu displays
- Versatile Control: Easily control the interface via a web app on a wired or wireless device
- Stand-Alone Operation: Use the interface without a computer for effects and signal routing at a live gig
- Mic/Guitar Instrument Sends: Enables adding an outboard EQ, preamp, reverb, or other processor to the two mic/guitar inputs before the signal is converted into the digital domain
- MIDI I/O: Standard MIDI 5-pin jacks provide 16 channels of MIDI I/O
- Foot-Switch Input: Enables connection of a standard foot pedal switch (available separately) for hands-free punch recording, talkback, and more
- Expandable: Connect multiple interfaces together to expand system I/O
- Separate Main Outs: Provides dedicated XLR main outputs for connecting to studio monitors, as well as additional balanced TRS outputs for connecting to secondary monitors
- Dual-Headphone Outputs: Each 1/4" TRS headphone output has its own volume control and can be programmed with the same or different mixes
- Word Clock I/O: BNC jacks allow you to sync to a master clock or use the 828es as the master clock
- Direct Digital Synthesis: Produces low jitter by phase-locking internal clock source, even when resolved to an external clock via SMPTE timecode
- SMPTE Timecode Support: Dedicated 1/4" jacks for Longitudinal-Timecode (LTC) and automatic SMPTE-to-MTC conversion
- DC-Coupled TRS Outputs: Use the 828es to manipulate and sequence voltage-controlled modular synthesizers from a host DAW
- Audio Analysis Tools: Included software features an oscilloscope, real-time FFT analyzer, X-Y plot, and graphic phase-analysis
- AudioDesk: Includes digital audio workstation software for Mac and Windows with 24-bit recording, 32-bit mixing and effects processing, and sample-accurate editing
- Built-In Talkback: Integrated talkback microphone and front-panel talk button
- Monitor Controls: Front-panel monitor level with mono, mute, and switching for two sets of monitors
- Metering: Provides LED-panel meters for analog, digital, MIDI I/O, SMPTE sync, and lock LEDS
- Auto-Switching Power: Enables international 100 to 240 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz auto-switching power supply
MOTU 828es Audio Interface Specifications
- Computer Connectivity: Thunderbolt 2, USB 2.0, Ethernet AVB
- Analog Inputs: 2 x XLR-1/4" combo (mic/line/instrument), 8 x 1/4" (line)
- Analog Outputs: 8 x 1/4" (line out), 2 x XLR (main out), 2 x 1/4" (sends)
- Digital Inputs: 1 x Coax (S/PDIF), 2 x Optical (ADAT)
- Digital Outputs: 1 x Coax (S/PDIF), 2 x Optical (ADAT)
- Headphones: 2 x 1/4" TRS
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review