MOTU 24Ao Audio Interface
The MOTU 24Ao Audio Interface is a single rack space USB 2.0 interface with industry-standard AVB networking for sub-millisecond network latency, and offers 24 channels of analog audio output combined with three banks of ADAT optical, for a total of 72 channels of I/O.
As a computer interface, optical-to-analog expander, or stand-alone mixer, the 24Ao provides 24 analog outputs and three 8-channel banks of ADAT optical digital input and output. Send line level outputs to a variety of analog destinations, including mixing desk inputs, studio monitors, surround speakers, or line arrays. Route and process any outputs using the professional on-board digital mixer — with no latency and no processor strain on your computer. Apply hardware DSP-driven effects processing to inputs, outputs, and busses independent of your host computer. Add Classic Reverb with lengths up to 60 seconds. Further sculpt your sound with 4-band parametric EQ, modeled vintage compression, and gating.
Add more MOTU interfaces as your needs grow, connected to a state-of-the-art audio network using standard AVB Ethernet switches and CAT-5e cabling, with near-zero network latency, even over long cable runs (100 meters point to point). Route hundreds of audio channels among multiple devices and computers on the network.
Control all DSP-based mixing and effects, device settings, and network audio routing using your favorite web browser running on your laptop, tablet and smart phone connected wirelessly or locally to the 24Ao audio network.
From studio to stage, the MOTU 24Ao delivers superb sound quality, state-of-the-art operation, and reliable performance.
MOTU 24Ao Audio Interface Features
- Employs the same analog design as MOTU's 1248, 8M and 16A audio interfaces
- Seventy-two simultaneous audio channels: Twenty-four balanced analog outputs on three banks of multichannel connectors (D-sub and Phoenix), plus three banks of eight-channel ADAT optical
- Connects to a computer with audio class compliant high-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS)
- Discovery app and web app software works alongside any host audio software
- On-board DSP with mixing and effects
- Flexible forty-eight input digital mixer modeled after large format mixing consoles, with twelve stereo busses and DSP effects, including reverb, four-band EQ, gate and compression
- DSP-driven mixing and effects engine delivers virtually unlimited headroom utilizing 32-bit floating point processing
- Modeled vintage effects processing with compression modeled after the legendary LA-2A compressor and EQ modeled after British analog console EQs
- Add a second MOTU AVB interface (24Ai, 24Ao, 1248, 8M or 16A) with a simple Cat-5e Ethernet cable
- Connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately)
- Build an AVB network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB switches and network cabling, with ultra-low network latency, even over long cable runs (100 meters point to point)
- Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network
- Matrix routing and splitting allows for sending any input to any output, or multiple outputs, including routing to and from the computer, plus any devices on the AVB network
- Control on-board DSP, mixing, device settings and network audio routing from web app software running in a preferred browser on a laptop, tablet or smart phone connected by wire or Wi-Fi to a local area network
- Standalone mixing with wireless control - connect an Apple Airport or other Wi-Fi router directly to the 24Ao with a standard Ethernet cable and control mixing and DSP effects from a smart phone or tablet, without a computer, great for live sound mixing
- Use the 24Ao as a twenty-four channel optical expander for other gear (24 channels at 44.1/48 kHz or 12 channels at 88.2/96 kHz)
- Large backlit 324 x 24 LCD allow for viewing all signal activity at a glance with detailed metering for all analog and digital I/O
- Access hardware settings from a simple and convenient menu
- Includes AudioDesk workstation software with 24-bit recording, sample-accurate editing and 32-bit mixing and mastering
MOTU 24Ao Audio Interface Specifications
- Connectivity: USB 2.0 Type B
- Simultaneous I/O: 24 x 48
- Analog Outputs: 3 x DB-25, 6 x Phoenix
- Digital Inputs: 3 x Optical (ADAT)
- Digital Outputs: 3 x Optical (ADAT) Data I/O: 1 x Ethernet
- USB: Yes
- Clock I/O: In, Out/Thru
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review