The Millennia HV-3C Microphone Preamp is the preamp that you come to when you are ready to make the commitment to capturing audio that is without compromise. It's the preamp you go to when you have requirements that other preamps just cannot meet.
The Millennia HV-3C Microphone Preamp is the preamp that you go to when a mistake is not an option and it absolutely must be right from the beginning. The Millennia HV-3C is the preamp that professionals entrust their careers with.
The folks at Millennia Media offer the HV-3C as a 2-channel/stereo version of the wildly popular HV-3D that can be configured to accommodate a number of available options. An additional input slot on each channel can house either the DC input option (Direct Coupled - perfect for Ribbon mics and all Dynamic microphones) or the +130V Input Option which works for some specific DPA microphones. Consult your Front End Audio specialist to configure your Custom HV-3C.
Millennia HV-3C Microphone Preamp Features
- Unsurpassed ambience retrieval
- Transformerless design with matched hi-speed discrete transistor octet has 23 dB input headroom: no attenuator pads needed
- Uncolored timbral accuracy at all dynamic levels
- Entirely balanced audio path with precision components maintains signal integrity: THD under 5 ppm (.0005%)
- Effortless, vividly realistic, musical performance
- Laser-trimmed FET-based output stage has 32 dB headroom: drives 1000 foot (300 m) cable runs with ease
- Standard 36-step gain controls (1.5 dB per step) are stereo matched to .08 dB
- Ultra-clean toroid power supply
- Gold audio connectors and switches
- Mogami Neglex OFC audio wiring
- Silver Teflon power wiring
- Welded 16 gauge steel rack chassis
Millennia HV-3C Microphone Preamp Options
- DPA (B&K) +130 V mic inputs - Perfectly matched to the DPA Microphones 4003, 3503 / 4013 Stereo Kit, 4004, and 4016 microphones
- DC Input Options - ideal performance with dynamic and ribbon microphones. Available on a channel-by-channel basis
- 75dB Gain Option - Standard maximum gain is 65dB. Available on a channel-by-channel basis
The Millennia Media HV-3C offers a virtually open landscape of options that allow you to build a unit that is tailored to your specific requirements - many on a channel by channel basis. Front End Audio is intimately familiar with these options and we will help guide you through configuring an HV-3D system that is perfect for you. Whether you're using ribbon microphones, or +130V microphones, we've got you covered. Call us at 888-228-4530 to build your custom HV-3C.
There Is No "Undo" On Your Mic Preamp! Some Things To Think About...
- Input channels can magnify the signal by more than 1000:1.
- There's no "Undo" after this point.
- Coloration or distortion become part of the signal.
- Lost information can never be recovered.
- Data compression algorithms can't distinguish signal from noise.
- So preserving absolute signal integrity through the recording and production process is critical to communicating your intention and individuality.
- Millennia's unique designs avoid circuit-induced artifacts.
- Giving you total control.
- Amplify the original sonic information with an absolute minimum of alteration.
- Apply tonal shading so natural and translucent that it seems to become an integral element of the source itself.
- Make every take count!
Millennia HV-3C Microphone Preamp Specifications
- Minimum Gain: 8.5 dB
- Maximum Gain
- (1.5 dB per step, 36 steps): 65 dB (up to 75 dB on request)
- Frequency Response:
- +0 / -3 dB: sub 3 Hz to beyond 300 kHz
- 60 dB Gain, 10 Hz - 30 kHz, Inputs common: -133 dB EIN
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise
- 35 dB Gain, 10 Hz - 20 kHz bandwidth, +27 dBu Out: < .001%, Typ. < .0005% (< 5 ppm)
- Intermodulation Distortion
- (50 Hz & 7 kHz) 35 dB Gain, +27 dBu Out: < .0009%
- Phase Response
- 35 dB Gain, 50 Hz - 20 kHz bandwidth, +27 dBu Out: < 2 degrees deviation
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio
- 35 dB Gain, 10 Hz - 20 kHz bandwidth, 100 mV C.M.: > 65 dB, Typ > 85 dB
- Slew Rate
- 35 dB Gain, +27 dBu Out: > 25 Volts per microsecond
- Maximum Input Level
- 20 Hz - 40 kHz: +23 dBu (no attenuator pads required)
- Maximum Output Level
- 20 Hz - 40 kHz: +32 dBu
- Phantom Input Impedance
- 1 kHz: 6,750 ohms
- Output Impedance: 24.3 Ohms (x2)
- DPA (B&K) Mic Powering: +130 V dc max, (non-phantom)(OPTIONAL)
- Phantom Powering: +48 V dc, +/- 2 V dc
- Power Consumption: 45 watts maximum
- Power Requirements Selectable: 100-120, 200-240 V ac, 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions/Shipping Weight: 19" W x 3.5" H x 12.5" D, 25 lbs.
Millennia HV-3C Microphone Preamp Includes
- HV-3C Microphone Preamp
- IEC Power Cable
- Manual/Warranty Information
What We Think
"The Millennia HV-3C Microphone Preamp is a unit that has been in my life in studios from the beginning. Starting out, I learned pretty quickly that if you weren't using the preamps on the Neve 8078 in the studio, you were using Millennia preamps. Frequently, high-end clients brought their own racks of Millennia gear, bypassing the console entirely. As a young engineer, I was immediately impressed by the 'finished and regal sound' that the Millennia preamps had. It was evident that they weren't distorting anything, but they certainly weren't embellishing anything either. As the years marched on, I learned more about equipment design, I found that many manufacturers have to continually rely on transformers to help shape the sound to have that finished sound - that many transformerless or electrically balanced preamps had a tendency to sound too stark or naked. But the 'together' sound of the Millennia preamps has stayed with me as a crowning achievement and as the agathon of the professional producer's or engineer's arsenal. The HV-3C has made it's mark on more award winning and highly regarded recordings than you can imagine. Don't you think that it's time to add one to your setup?"
- Front End Audio
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
It's a Millennia. Super, super clean. Plenty of gain, even for ribbons. No "color" here.
Very simple device with stepped gain controls that are worthy because the steps are so closely matched between each channel. This pre, and the company in general, have a rep as solid as their offerings. Offers plenty of gain along with an impressive bandwidth to 300k(!)