Millennia HV-35 500-Series Preamp
The Millennia HV-35 500-Series HV-3 Preamp is a perfect avenue for the cost-conscious to achieve Millennia-quality performance in a package that won't break the bank.
The Millennia HV-35 500-Series HV-3 Preamp Module, along with the 2-channel single rack space HV-37 is one of the newest preamps to the Millennia line.
The Millennia HV-35 has the Ribbon Mic DC feature which is normally available only as an option on the more expensive HV-3C and HV-3D preamps. Ribbon Mic DC couples the mic to the gain stage and also provides an additional 10dB of gain. Use with any Ribbon or Dynamic mic (like an SM-57). A mic requiring phantom power will not work in this mode. The HPF (High Pass Filter) rolls off low frequencies below 80 Hz at 3 dB per octave. It also features a Hi-Z Inst Input (Instrument Input) that is for high impedance sources such as bass guitars.
Millennia HV-35 500-Series Preamp Features
- Continuously variable gain control
- Front panel instrument input
- DC coupled ribbon mic with 10dB gain boost setting
- 80 Hz roll-off filter
- 48V phantom power
- 15 dB Pad
- Polarity flip
- Internal power supply - 100 to 240V operation
Millennia HV-35 500-Series Preamp Specifications
- Preamplifier / General
- Minimum Gain: 8.5 dB
- Maximum Gain
- (continuously variable) 60 dB (70 dB in Ribbon Mode)
- Frequency Response
- +0 / -3 dB: sub 3 Hz to beyond 300 kHz
- 60 dB Gain, 10 Hz - 30 kHz, Inputs common: -130 dB EIN
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise
- 35 dB Gain, 10 Hz - 20 kHz bandwidth, +27 dBu Out: < .001%, Typ. < .0005% (< 5 ppm)
- Intermodulation Distortion
- (50 Hz & 7 kHz) 35 dB Gain, +27 dBu Out: < .0009%
- Phase Response
- 35 dB Gain, 50 Hz - 20 kHz bandwidth, +27 dBu Out: < 2 degrees deviation
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio
- 35 dB Gain, 10 Hz - 20 kHz bandwidth, 100 mV C.M.: > 65 dB, Typ > 85 dB
- Slew Rate
- 35 dB Gain, +27 dBu Out: > 25 Volts per microsecond
- Maximum Input Level
- 20 Hz - 40 kHz: +20 dBu (no attenuator pads required)
- Maximum Output Level:
- 20 Hz - 40 kHz : +28 dBu
- Phantom Input Impedance:
- 1 kHz: 6,750 ohms
- Output Impedance: 24.3 Ohms (x2)
- Phantom Powering: +48 V dc, +/- 2 V dc
- Dimensions: 19" W x 1.75" H x 9" D
- Shipping Weight: 13 lbs.
Millennia HV-35 500-Series Preamp Downloads
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is my favorite clean microphone preamp. I use this on everything. It seems to add just a tad in the mid range while keeping the high frequencies untouched. It keeps transients untouched. I've run prerecorded material through it and other preamp modules and I choose it to be the most accurate to the original source. It does seem to add a hair more in the mid range. Other clean preamps I've used seem to reduce the mid range making the audio sound thin. The Millenia does not do thin the sound while remaining clean.
This 500-series pre gets a lot of use from me. I've used it on drum overheads, violin, viola, cello (solo and in quartet), acoustic guitar, and vocals. When paired with any decent mic and a good performance, this pre is perfect. It represents the original source EXACTLY as it sounds.