Merging Technologies Horus Audio Interface
The Merging Technologies Horus Audio Interface combines premium converters with world-class mic pre’s into an elegant 2u system from Swiss manufacturer Merging Technologies. With a pedigree including the Pyramix workstation, Ovation media server and V-Cube HD video system, Horus is designed to work seamlessly in demanding professional environments.
Horus features 48 configurable channels of high-quality A-D or D-A conversion utilising MADI (optical & coax) and AES/EBU digital I/O. Utilising 6 I/O expansion bays capable of either 8 channels of AD or DA conversion the user can select up to 48 channels of analogue I/O (max 32 simultaneous AD). The optional AD8/AD8P modules provide 8 channels of remotely controllable mic/line preamps of outstanding quality, up to a maximum of 32 AD channels per unit. The analogue output can be configured with up to 6 DA8/DA8P modules providing a maximum of 48 line outputs per unit. Complementing the extensive analogue and digital I/O Horus comes standard with Wordclock, RS422, MIDI and LTC for interfacing with 3rd party hardware and installation into existing workflows.
Connecting Horus to a network using the RAVENNA protocol enables the real-time transmission of 176 channels in and 178 channels out of high-quality audio with very low latency. Using standard gigabit Ethernet infrastructure Horus exists as a node on the IP layer allowing access from any point and instant access to inputs and outputs capable of a ‘one to many’ signal flow. Applications for Horus are broadcast production, TV and film post, CD/SACD mastering, studio or live music recording, live events, theatres, museums and fixed installations. It offers remote-controllable gain over Ethernet via a browser interface and integrated control and routing with the Pyramix DAW mixer interface. It also features a low power “Green” build, ideal for power-conscious installations drawing only 60w. Other features include auto-mute circuitry for power cycling click prevention, and a front panel touch screen interface for local control over routing, gains and sync.
Using standard network connections, switches and connectors, Horus and other Ravenna-enabled devices can be placed on a network and interconnected in any way to want! The Horus Base unit comprises of 64 i/o MADI on coaxial and optical (MultiMode), 24 AES/EBU i/o and Ravenna network audio i/o. Wordclock, Video ref , LTC and MIDI i/o.
Merging Technologies Horus Audio Interface Option Cards
Separate high-quality analogue input and output cards can be fitted to the base unit in blocks of 8 to customize your interface for each application. Choose from standard, 192kHz capable or premium DXD/DSD capable Inputs and outputs to capture every sound with the greatest accuracy. Just give us a call at 888-228-4530 and your Front End Audio sales rep will be happy to help you configure your Horus to the exact specifications that you need.
- AD8D and AD8DP standard and premium Mic/Line Input cards
- DA8 and DA8P standard and premium Line Output cards
- MADI expansion card delivering 64 additional MADI channels
- Redundant power supply option
Merging Technologies Horus Audio Interface Features
- Up to 24 world-class mic preamps in a 2u chassis
- Remote-controllable gain over Ethernet
- Integrated control and routing with the Pyramix Mixer interface
- 24 AD/DA converters capable of sample-rates from 44.1 to 384kHz to DXD/DSD
- Low-power build perfect for power conscious installations
- Auto-mute circuitry for power cycling click prevention
- Comes standard with 1xMADI, 24xAES and Ravenna I/O
- Sync (LTC/MIDI/RS422) over Ethernet
- Lock to an ultra-low jitter, individually calibrated internal sync clock OR
- Use an external Wordclock or Video Reference (SD/HD) source OR
- Lock to a PTP master on a RAVENNA network.
- Front panel touch-screen interface for local control over routing/gains/sync
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review