Manley ELOP+ Compressor
The Manley ELOP+ Compressor is a completely re-imagined and re-engineered upgrade of the classic ELOP Stereo Electro-Optical Compressor/Limiter. Manley Labs has stayed true to the sound and ballistics of the original ELOP while improving the ELOP+ with their best premium vacuum tube line amplifier and White Follower output stage. The results will win you over, and make your ear-holes smile... and you didn't even think that was possible.
How does one improve upon a "Classic" Better yet; How do you Improve on the classic that is the Manley ELOP?
Well, for starters, Manley has now added a 3:1 compression ratio feature which opens up the doors to greater versatility, especially for 2-buss applications. The 2016 ELOP+ has been completely re-engineered from the ground-up, beginning with Manley's amazing modern high voltage switching power supply purpose-designed for their vacuum tube audio circuits. With careful reference to Manley's sonic past, they have deployed their highest performance vacuum tube line amplifier and White Follower output stage in this new version all housed in a build-efficient chassis behind a drop-dead gorgeous precision-CNC-milled faceplate, all proudly made in the United States, of course (Chino; not China!).
The new Manley ELOP+ is everything you love about the legendary ELOP, plus!
Manley ELOP+ Compressor Specifications
- 10:1 Limiter and 3:1 Compressor ratios
- All-tube audio path uses 5751 and 6922 dual triodes
- Balanced Manley IRON® transformer-coupled XLR Inputs
- XLR impedance-balanced outputs
- BYPASS switches and AUTOMUTE with warm-up delay
- Large illuminated VU meters read Gain Reduction or Output levels
- STEREO LINK
- Side-Chain High-Pass Filter
- Universal internal power supply operates worldwide 90-250V~AC 50/60Hz
Manley ELOP+ Compressor Includes
- IEC Power Cable
- Owner's Manual and Literature
- 5 Year Manufacturer's Warranty (with registration; 90 days without)
- Manley's ever-impressive shipping box
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Along with the SLAM!, the ELOP sees daily use in my studio. When tracking, the ELOP is great for vocals, guitars, or bass. It lends a great character when needing to change the affect of sub-mixes. The side-chain switching makes it more versatile than many opto-comps.