Latch Lake micKing 3300 Studio Boom Microphone Stand
The Latch Lake micKing 3300 Studio Boom Microphone Stand is certainly the king of microphone stands boasting a sleek black design, a 10 foot upright reach and topped with a 10 foot boom arm. this stand isn't for every application, but when your need long-reach stability in a small footprint, it is exactly what you've been searching for.
The Latch Lake micKing 3300 Studio Boom Microphone Stand is the original micKing boom stand featuring the world's strongest boom clutch in its class, unique patented base, Spin Grip Mic Mount, movable counterweight and revolutionary lever lock adjustment systems. The Latch Lake micKing 3300 covers the entire spectrum of mic applications, shining primarily in the choral and orchestral world which often necessitate long reach both horizontally and vertically. With a mast at 10 feet and a boom at 10 feet as well, they are capable of combining to an impressive 20 foot height in its vertical configuration. Yet with these long lengths both the boom and mast are capable of compacting down to nearly 3 feet!
Latch Lake micKing 3300 Studio Boom Microphone Stand Features
- Mast Clamp - Telescoping three section mast via Latch Lake Lever Locks ensures a solid vertical hold for any situation. (4' - 10'4")
- Base - The Latch Lake's patented unique cast iron base, designed with efficiency in mind. At 16 inches in diameter and a weight of 29 lbs, this base carries 90% of its weight on the outer perimeter, key in creating micKing's small foot print with extreme stability.
- Spin Grip Mic Mount - Spin your stand on to your mic, not your mic on to your stand! This unique mounting point enables 295 degrees of lockable mic placement at any weight.
- Boom Clamp - Telescoping three section boom via Latch Lake Lever Locks enables quick adjustment with and industrial strength hold. This extension can even hold a mic oriented sideways without drooping downward. (4'3" - 9'7")
- Boom Clutch - The Latch Lake patented boom clutch is the strongest in its class worldwide. Equivalent to a double automotive disc brake, the micKing boom clutch can handle the heaviest of microphones with ease. Never worry about a slipping boom again!
- Counter Weight - 7lb. Polished Chrome machined steel counterweight. The unique flexibility of the Latch Lake's counterweight enables you to position it anywhere on the boom to achieve the exact amount of counterbalance your microphone needs. It's even removable!
- Lever Lock System - Quick and simple adjustments throughout the entire stand. These locks ensure, hands down, the strongest hold possible with the least amount of frustration. You can even customize their tension to your precise needs!
- Why the World's Strongest - The Latch Lake's patented boom clutch features nearly 16 square inches of clamp-able surface area. That's more than any other mic stand on the market! This impressive surface area provides the maximum coefficient of friction for that unstoppable hold that micKing booms are so well known for.
- Highly Efficient Footprint - The Latch Lake's unique patented bases don't only have the most efficient placement of weight; they can be positioned within each other for great space saving storage.
- Counter Weights - The Latch Lake's ultra flexible counter weight system can be positioned anywhere on the boom. They can even be removed when not necessary.
- Quality Components - The Latch Lake thought all the way down to the finest detail. Every adjustment point on the stands feature the Latch Lake patented cable wedges, enabling very clean cable management.
Latch Lake micKing 3300 Studio Boom Microphone Stand Specifications
- Base: 16" Radius
- Mast Height: 48-125"
- Boom Length: 51-115"
- Full Vertical Capability: 20'
- Spin Grip Mount: Nitrided
- Counter Weight: 7 lbs
- Jam Nut: 5/8" - 27
- Device Mounting Point: 5/8" - 27
- Mic Stand Finish: Black
Latch Lake micKing 3300 Studio Boom Microphone Stand Includes
- 1 x Latch Lake micKing 3300 Studio Boom Microphone Stand (Chrome)
- 1 x Mast Clamp
- 1 x Mic Stand Base
- 1 x Spin Grip Mic Mount
- 1 x Boom Clamp
- 1 x Boom Clutch
- 1 x Counter Weight
What We Think
The Latch Lake micKing 3300 is the biggest, baddest commercially available mic stand on the market which isn't some sort of modified lighting stand. Standard to the micKing 3300 is the "Bigfoot" option for the micKing 2200; key for stability when dealing with very heavy microphones (AEA R44, A440, or KU4 ribbon microphones come to mind), or when going for extreme height when trying to capture a great ambient room sound. The ability of the stand and boom to go to a vertical height of 20-feet puts this stand head and shoulders above all other offerings short of the vintage Starbird stands of the bygone era. The interlocking bases offers a dual-functionality for both compact storage and enhanced stability when positioning multiple stands together. Add Latch Lake Xtra Boom Microphone Stand Boom Arms to the mast of the micKing stands to mount additional microphones off of the same assembly. Perfect for trying to keep the floor footprint to a minimum. Latch Lake micKing 3300 is certainly the king of microphone stands!
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This Latch Lake micKing 3300 is taking over where the Atlas boom can no longer compete, and it's definitely not a lightweight. The clutches take a little getting used to, but really grab. It's a great stand and boom for the Neumann KU-100 or AEA R88mk2. The heavy package was very well packed for shipping. This stand is not air-cushioned, so make sure you stay ahead of those heavy loads…a voice operated assistant comes in very handy, but is not included with the stand.
Great mic stands that allow tremendous heights. They are very stable and function like a precision-engineered machine. Next time I will puchase chrome stands because the black is easily scratched. However, the black stands tend to "disappear" in photos and videos.