The LaChapell Audio 583S MK2 500-Series Tube Preamp was the world's first vacuum tube mic preamp designed for the 500 series format. It is still the only 500 series module to properly power the tube with 250V of TrueTube technology.
Unlike some other vacuum tube mic preamps for the 500 series, we do not starve the tube of voltages in any way. And, since this all occurs within the 583 module, there is no worry of harming your 500 series power supply. With dual drive knobs to separately drive the input and output, the 583S provides total flexibility to explore a broad sonic pallet enhancing its versatility for all of your recordings.
LaChapell Audio 583S MK2 500-Series Tube Preamp Features
- 500 Series Tube Mic Preamp: The 583s was the first ever tube mic preamp for the 500 series. It is extremely versatile, allowing a wide range of sonic options from clean to harmonically rich. It's great for use on almost any source with almost any mic.
- TrueTube Powered Tubes: TrueTube technology supplies both the plate and filament of the tube with the proper voltages they need to access the full characteristics of the tube. Other designs cannot supply the needed 250V and don't have the headroom or harmonics that characterize that classic tube sound.
- Autoswitching front panel Hi-Z input: The front panel Hi-Z input allows the 583S to be used as an instrument preamplifier. When a 1/4″ jack is inserted into the Hi-Z input, the 583S switches into instrument mode, bypassing the input transformer so the instrument accesses the tube directly.
- Dual drive knobs: The Dual Drive knobs on the 583S provide an incredible array of tonal options. The input knob drives the input to the first vacuum tube and the second knob drives the input to the output tube. Together, you can dial in sounds from pristine to warm and harmonically rich.
- API/VPR Certified: The 583S is certified by the VPR alliance giving you the assurance that it operates within specifications. Even though we properly power the tube with 250V, the 583S draws no more power than other modules (and less than many). You can fill a properly powered frame with 583S mic preamp modules with no problems whatsoever.
- Boutique Quality Transformers: With a Cinemag input transformer and Jensen output transformer, the 583S mic preamp maintains a boutique quality signal chain from I to O. Every aspect of the 583S has been designed for sonic quality that will last for generations.
LaChapell Audio 583S MK2 500-Series Tube Preamp Specifications
- INTERNAL GAIN: 0 to >72dB
- THD+N: 0.10% (minimum)
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE : 10Hz to 50KHz
- MAX OUTPUT (1% THD+N): +26dBu
- TYPICAL EIN: -121dBu
- INPUT IMPEDANCE: 1.5KΩ
- TUBE COMPLIMENT: 1 x 12AX7 / ECC83
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review