The Kali Audio WS-6.2 Subwoofer is a compact yet powerful subwoofer ideal for low end reproduction in the studio.
The Kali Audio WS-6.2 from is a ported 400W RMS subwoofer with a class-D amp and dual 6.5" drivers for potent sound reproduction. The WS-6.2 supports stereo and multichannel setups, up to 5.1 systems in small rooms, and the smaller than typical form factor enables a greater variety of options for room placement. The WS-6.2 sports a wide 27 to 200 Hz frequency response, effective for low-passed signals, LFE channels, or external crossovers, and onboard 80 or 120 Hz crossovers are available for use on a range of different speaker setups. Plenty of connection options are available, including combo XLR-1/4" inputs, RCA inputs, and XLR outputs for full-range speakers, and this active subwoofer includes an AC power cord to get you started.
Dual 6.5" Woofers
The WS-6.2 subwoofer uses two horizontally opposed 6.5" woofers as its driver configuration. Not only does this allow for high output in a small form factor, it also eliminates net vibration, so the subwoofer will not scoot along the floor at high levels. Kali designed these woofers for high excursion, with 15mm travel from peak-to-peak.
Low-Noise Port Tube
Similar to the LP-Series studio monitors, the port tube on the WS-6.2 was designed to deliver all the benefits of a front-firing port tube, without any drawbacks associated with noise. This allows the WS-6.2 to have even lower bass extension, while delivering clean, tight, and punchy bass.
Turn off the subwoofer and listen to your mix through your full-range speakers, so you can hear how it will translate to systems that don't have a sub. Footswitch sold separately; most music retailers sell a variety of 1/4" footswitches that will work well.
The WS-6.2 is equipped with a limiter circuit that will protect the speaker from unsafe operating levels. In other words, you don't need to worry about blowing up the subwoofer by playing it too loud.
Small Form Factor
The MDF and vinyl enclosure of the WS-6.2 is less than half the volume of other subwoofers with similar output and bandwidth specs. This allows a variety of placement options that aren't possible with a larger sub.
Kali Audio WS-6.2 Subwoofer Specifications
- Monitor Type: Active Dual Subwoofer
- Enclosure: Bass-Reflex/Ported
- Power Rating: 400 W RMS, 1000 W Peak
- Drivers: Subwoofer Driver: 2 x 6.5" / 16.5 cm Woofer
- Amplification: 1 x Subwoofer: Class-D Rated at 400 W RMS / 1000 W Peak
- Frequency Range: 31.5 Hz to 180 Hz ± 3 dB
- Frequency Response: 27 Hz to 200 Hz ± 10 dB
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level (SPL): 120 dB (Peak)
- Dynamic Range: 20 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <2%
- Phase Adjustment: 0 / 180° Phase Inversion
- Audio I/O:
- 2 x Combo XLR-1/4" Balanced Female Analog Input
- 2 x RCA Female Analog Input
- 1 x 1/4" TRS Female Analog Input
- 2 x XLR Balanced Male Analog Output
- AC Input Power: 100 to 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 240 W (Maximum)
- Enclosure Material: MDF
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 12.2 x 14.5 x 11" / 31 x 36.8 x 27.9 cm
- Weight: 31.0 lb / 14.1 kg
Kali Audio WS-6.2 Subwoofer Includes
- Kali Audio WS-6.2 Subwoofer
- Power Cord
- Manufacturer Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review