The Grimm Audio CC1 Master Clock, owing to a radically redesigned discrete crystal oscillator, clock stability betters that of even the best test equipment available. The Grimm Audio CC1 is the ideal premium house-clock master clock generator for professional and project studios, alike. Make your digital sound it's best with the Grimm Audio CC1.
The Grimm Audio CC1 Master Clock brings the incredible clock stability of the AD1 to your current setup! The CC1 accepts Word Clock and distributes a super high quality Word Clock and AES/EBU sync to all equipment in your system. Now, any studio can benefit from some of the features of our AD1's unique sound quality like ultimate musical timing and stability of tone. Grimm Audio's extensive research into the correlation between jitter and sound quality brought to light that emotional response to music is vastly more sensitive to jitter than previously realized. Attention turned from making jitter low to achieving the most stable clock possible. This research turned up a surprising array of previously underestimated performance factors like power supply noise, oscillator control circuit noise and low-level crosstalk. Owing to a radically redesigned discrete crystal oscillator, clock stability betters that of even the best test equipment available. To sync to an external reference the CC1 sports a PLL offering an astounding 90dB of jitter suppression at 10Hz, further improving at 60dB/dec. The CC1 offers base rates of 44.1kHz and 48kHz and 1/2/4 multiples in separately selectable groups, in addition to an AES/EBU reclocker for cleaning the digital feed to your DA converter. Like all Grimm Audio products, the CC1 features striking styling and solid build quality.
Grimm Audio CC1 Master Clock Features
- Ultra-low jitter clock source
- 16 word clock outputs
- AES/EBU reclocking
- Sample rates from 44.1kHz up to 192kHz
- Two independent sample rate groups
- For video sync, add the Grimm Audio VCC
Grimm Audio CC1 Master Clock Specifications
- Word clock input impedance 75 Ohm.
- Word clock input sensitivity better than 1Vpp.
- Word clock output impedance 75 Ohm or 25 Ohm (low') on selected channels.
- Word clock output voltage, terminated 2.7 Vpp, unterminated 5.5 Vpp. DC coupled.
- Latency word clock in - word clock out: adjusted to less than 50 ns, but may be larger due to input clock jitter.
- Internal intrinsic clock jitter 0,6 ps RMS (above 10 Hz).
- Clock frequency master mode: 1, 2 or 4 times 44.1 or 48 kHz ± 10 PPM, 5 - 50 °C.
- PLL performance (slave mode): 90 dB attenuation @ 10 Hz, improving at 60 dB/dec above that.
- Pullability of clock frequency: ± 50 PPM (conform AES11 Grade 2).
- Maximum ambient temperature for operation: 50°C.
- Life expectancy power supply electrolytics > 45.000 hours.
- Power supply voltage range +/- 20%
- 120V (USA): fuse 500mA
- 100V (Japan): fuse 500mA
- 230V (EU): fuse 250mA
- Weight: 4 kg
- Dimensions: 430 x 200 x 44mm.
- Power consumption: 15 W.
- Wood type of front: Abachi.
Grimm Audio CC1 Master Clock Includes
- CC1 Master Clock
- IEC Power Cable
- 1 Year Manufacturers' Warranty
Grimm Audio CC1 Master Clock Downloads
- Grimm Audio CC1 Master Clock System User Guide / Owners Manual (PDF)
- Grimm Audio PLL and Clocking White Paper (PDF)
- Slave to Rhythm Primer - PLL and Clock Basics (PDF)
- Picoseconds Or PPM
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Improvement jittersAug 17th 2022
I set up cc1 between streamer and dac, Is make my digital signal very very low jitters. And the sound is more natural, more details and smoothly. Sound stage open and wide.very very good product and very reasonable price comparing fountion.