The Golden Age R1 Tube Active Ribbon Microphone is like a missing link of true old-school vintage recording in that it combines three vintage elements: a classic ribbon transducer, a tube based buffer amplifier and two transformers.
You might think that a ribbon, transformers and a tube amplifying stage will make the signal too smooth? It´s true that the sound of the Golden Age R1 Tube Active Ribbon Microphone is truly warm and fat, but the combination of the tube stage and the transformers will generate overtones that makes the signal come alive. If you are into mics, if instant no-need-to-mix good-sounding recording is your thing, if you are looking for a unique yet versatile mic, this is it.
The Golden Age R1 Tube Active Ribbon Microphone comes with an aluminum flight case, an external power supply, and a 10-foot cable to connect the mic and power supply.
Golden Age R1 Tube Active Ribbon Microphone Features
- The natural and musical sound of a classic ribbon mic combined with the consistent sound-quality you get from active electronics
- A low-noise 12AX7 tube amplifier that isolates the ribbon and gain make-up transformer from the outside world, and gives you higher output than a normal ribbon mic
- Ultra-realistic reproduction
- Characteristic large-and-mellow ribbon sound quality with a very smooth top and an extended low end
- Fast and life-like transient reproduction
- Ultra-high SPL capability: 165 dB SPL (1% THD @ 1000 Hz)
- Very high sensitivity for a ribbon microphone, similar to many condenser mics
- The figure-8 polar pattern offers wide sweet spots both in the front and in the back of the microphone, and rejection on the sides
- A 50mm long ribbon made of 2 microns thick aluminum foil
- An internal shock mount for the ribbon and magnet assembly
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review