Golden Age R1 Active MKIII Ribbon Microphone
The Golden Age R1 Active MKIII Ribbon Microphone is a very cool mic that combines the best of two worlds; the warmth of a ribbon and the stability of a FET buffer amplifier.
This means that you can use the Golden Age R1 Active MKIII with long cables and virtually any pre-amp featuring 48V phantom power. A clean and clear sound, yet warm and punchy is what the R1 Active MKIII will deliver in most cases. We love it on drums, as an ambience mic or in pairs for O.H. pickup, but it sounds great on most instruments.
The Golden Age R1 Active MKIII is in fact a very versatile mic even suitable for some sensitive vocal recording! And even more so now when the mk3 version includes switches for low cut and 10dB pad.
Golden Age R1 Active MKIII Ribbon Microphone Features
- Offers the natural and musical sound of a classic ribbon microphone
- Ultra-realistic reproduction
- Fast and life-like transient response
- Provides the characteristic large-and-mellow ribbon-mic sound quality, featuring a very smooth top end and an extended low end
- A Bipolar/FET, discrete, low-noise amplifier with a low-impedance transformerless output stage. Powered by standard 48V phantom power, it raises the output level and isolates the ribbon and gain-make-up transformer from the outside world
- The Figure-8 polar pattern offers wide sweet spots both in the front and in the back of the microphone, and rejection on the sides
- A ribbon that's 50mm long and made of 2-micron-thick aluminum foil
- An internal shock mount for the ribbon and magnet assembly
- Aluminum flight case and XLR mic cable included
- Manufactured from the finest materials for great performance and long-term reliability
- Can be used with any standard mixer or preamp, preferably with a balanced input, which can supply 48V phantom power
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review