The Genelec 8020D Studio Monitor is a Broadcast Studio classic which double perfectly for small reference monitors for music mixing and remote tracking. Seemingly endless mounting and placement options, combined with Genelec's legendary accuracy and dependability make the 8020's a continued unrivaled offering.
The Genelec 8020D is small in dimensions, but big in ambition. The 8020D, introduced in 2017, even delivers 4 dB higher SPL and has a lower energy consumption than earlier models of 8020. Designed to suit the broadest possible range of listening environments, 8020D thrives when space is at a premium, and draws on the innovation of the 8000 Series for an unrivalled near-field experience.
Trust in the colour-free, accurate reproduction of the Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE™), while relying on the precise on- and off-axis frequency reproduction of the Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW™). And when you’re finished, Genelec Intelligent Signal Sensing (ISS™) circuitry detects when your system is no longer in use, placing it into an environmentally friendly, power-saving standby mode. From post-production studios to OB vans and DAW-based rooms, the 8020D is your near-field solution of choice.
Genelec 8020D Studio Monitor Features
- Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) Technology
- Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE) Technology
- Reflex Port Design
- Room Response Compensation
- Optimized Amplifiers
- Active Crossovers
- Protection Circuitry
- Intelligent Signal Sensing (ISS) Technology
- Iso-Pod™ Stand
- Versatile Mountings
Genelec 8020D Studio Monitor Specifications
- SPL: 100 dB
- Frequency response: 56 Hz – 25 kHz (-6 dB)
- Accuracy of frequency response: ± 2.5 dB (62 Hz - 20 kHz)
- Driver dimension: Woofer 4 in + Tweeter 3/4 in metal dome + DCW™
- Amplifier power: Woofer 50 W + Tweeter 50 W (both Class D)
- Dimensions: H 242 x W 151 x D 142 mm 9 1/2 x 6 x 5 5/8 inch, with Iso-Pod™
- Weight: 3.2 kg / 7.0 lb
- Connections: 1 x XLR analog input
Genelec 8020D Studio Monitor Includes
- Genelec 8020D Studio Monitor
- IEC Cable
- Manufacturer's Warranty
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I knew someday that I wanted to have a pair of Genelecs and I agonized over what model to get. I'm glad I decided to go with these. For a 4" woofer these put out a surprising amount of bass and volume. They are built like a tank and the built-in isolation pads are super nice. I listen to these all the time and they haven't let me down sonically or mechanically. The next step up in the Genelec line are substantially more expensive than these. To me these are the sweet spot in the range.