The Focusrite ISA ONE Analog Preamp is a high quality preamplifier designed to record microphone, line-level or instrument sources. It delivers Focusrite's prestigious ISA transformer-based pre-amp in a rugged and portable chassis, at a groundbreaking price.
The Focusrite ISA ONE Analog Preamp features a rugged, portable all-metal enclosure, and combines the classic Focusrite microphone preamp with a flexible, independent DI channel and optional 192kHz precision A-D conversion. At the heart of the Focusrite ISA ONE is the microphone preamplifier with its Lundahl input transformer – essentially the same circuit, based on the original ISA 110, that has been used for 30 years in successive Focusrite designs. The input transformer imparts a special character to the sound that can't be truly emulated in any other way, while the modern twist of variable input impedance allows for a new degree of flexibility.
Whether you're an artist, engineer or producer, you'll appreciate the versatility of the Focusrite ISA One, with its front-panel DI input. The DI includes low/high impedance switching and an amplifier output, and its own feed to the optional A-D converter and separate rear-panel XLR output.
Focusrite ISA ONE Analog Preamp Features
- Classic ISA mic preamp design featuring Lundahl LL1538 input transformer
- Flexible independent DI channel
- Switchable input impedance including classic ISA 110 setting
- Headphone output with volume control
- Dedicated insert point
- Optional stereo 192kHz A-D conversion card
Focusrite ISA ONE Analog Preamp Specifications
- Mic Input Response:
- Gain Range (Mic): 0dB to 60dB in 10dB Steps 20 dB of Variable Gain
- EIN (Mic): -126dB Measured at 60dB of Gain with 150 Ohm Terminating Impedance and 22Hz/22kHz Band-Pass Filter
- Noise (Mic): Noise at Output with Unity Gain (0 dB) and 22 Hz-22 kHz Band Pass Filter-97 dBu
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Mic): 106 dB Relative to Max Headroom (9dBu)
- Frequency Response (Mic): At Minimum Gain (0 dB)-0.5dB Down at 10Hz and -3dB Down at 125kHz
- CMRR (Mic): 98dB (Channel 1, 1kHz, Maximum Gain with 24 dBu Input)
- Crosstalk Channel to Channel (Mic): With 10dB@1kHz Input to chA, chB Output =104dBrA. With 10dB@10kHz Input to chA, chB Output = 84dBrA
- Line Input Response:
- Gain Range (Line): -20dB to 10dB in 10dB Steps 20 dB of Variable Gain
- Input Impedance (Line): 10 kOhm from 10 Hz to 200 kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion Noise (Line): Measured with a 0 dBu Input Signal, and a 22 Hz-22 kHz Band Pass Filter0.0001
- Frequency Response (Line): At Unity Gain (0 dB)-0.3dB Down at 10Hz and -3dB Down at 200kHz
- Instrument Input Response:
- Gain Range (Instrument): 10dB to 40dB Continuously Variable
- Input Impedance (Instrument): High = Greater than 1M Low =Greater than 300k
- THD (Instrument): At Minimum Gain (10)
- High-Pass Filter:
- Roll-Off: 18 dB Per Octave (3 Pole Filter)
- Frequency: Fixed 75Hz Measured at the 3dB Down Point
- Weight and Dimensions:
- W x D x H: 220mm (W) x 104mm (H) x 254 - 290mm
- Weight: 3.9 kg (8.6 lbs)
Focusrite ISA ONE Analog Preamp Includes
- Focusrite ISA ONE Analog Preamp
- IEC Power Cable
- User Guide
- 2 Year Warranty
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
A KeeperJan 20th 2021
Great smooth pre-amp and excellent instrument in section, the ISA One has been a go-to preamp in a variety of situations. I've got a few pricier 500 series pres that I love, but oftentimes find myself reaching for this guy. Running my Jag-Bass direct in has become THE sound and the backbone of a majority of my tracks (no amp needed). Paired with my nice tube condenser mic, my acoustic guitars and percussion have never sounded so full and rich. Chuck my RE150 into it and push it hard and I've found a deep and detailed delay that sits awesomely in the mix. Can't recommend enough!
Good Pre-ampNov 5th 2010
This is a Pre-Amp you must have if you are just starting your studio. The quality of this Pre is great for the price. Another option is going with the "True Systems P-solo" mic Pre. Thats around the same price range as this ISA... but both are superb in the dollar range that they are priced.
Great Overall preamp.Aug 14th 2010
The ISA One is a great piece of studio gear, very useful either at high-end studios or on a personal studio with a laptop-based rig. With it's well balanced sound and the option of selcting the input impedance (which allows different sound colors), you will find it fit for serveral different mics and sound sources. (the ISA110 setting is great for that vintage, creamy, warm sound). Great preamp at an affordable price.
One of the best portable preamps out thereJul 26th 2010
I bought the ISA one (two actually, one for a friend as well) and put it through the paces in my studio, comparing it directly with an API A2D. The ISA one held it's own compared to the API, with slight differences in some low mid content (API was slightly more present, possibly warmer), and also differences in how each pre handles high frequency content. That said, I could have spliced vocals tracked with the ISA one into tracks spliced with the API and not noticed enough of a difference to matter. Also, the ISA one has four impedence settings, which offer you four different flavors to work with, all of which were noticeably different. With the ISA one you also get a no latency headphone preamp, excellent metering, and an excellent case. For the price, I don't think there is a better value in a portable preamp then the ISA one.