Front End Audio frequently has gear that has been opened and used for demo purposes in our in-house studio. This interface has only been handled by our staff and is otherwise just like new and carries a full warranty. It includes everything as if new and has been repackaged in the original manufacturer packaging. So if you don't mind an occasional fingerprint or second layer of tape on the box, then you can grab a great deal today!
The Ferrofish Pulse 16 AD/DA Converter is the high-quality converter designed to connect a wide range of external analog and digital equipment. It has never been easier to upgrade the sound of your studio with a single, highly affordable, device! The Ferrofish Pulse 16 is the high-quality solution to connect a wide range of external analog and ADAT studio equipment to a mixer or a computer interface. The high-density converter provides 16 x 16 balanced analoge TRS-I/Os and can handle pro studio levels up to +20dBu – adjustable in 1 dB steps. Optional +24 dBU I/Os and/or CV outputs are available. The Pulse 16 incorporates a Word Clock I/O and a MIDI I/O for embedding signals and remote control of the unit. Many popular features from the flagship A32 have been added as well: Preset Management, Panel Lock and the sophisticated routing matrix.
High Quality AD & DA
The PULSE16 uses the most recent low-latency AD & DA generation from Cirrus Logic. The high performance converters capture and restore audio signals with all details, a highly neutral frequency response and low distortion. All analog inputs and output are using balanced TRS jacks, and can be set independently to levels between -8dBu and +20dBu.
High Resolution Sound
The PULSE16 converts seamlessly all 16 analog I/O with sample rates of up to 96 kHz from/to the 16 ADAT I/Os (SMUX/2 mode). With the Ferrofish MADI SFP upgrade module, the PULSE16 can even convert and route all 16 analog I/Os at 192 kHz to MADI without limitation (incl. ADAT with SMUX/4).
High Precision Clock
The PULSE16 is driven by a high-accurate, internal low jitter clock. The sophisticated design combines an advanced jitter reduction circuit with a stable, temperature compensated oscillator. All digital data from the MADI, ADAT and BNC ports are automatically processed, resulting in the an ultra-low output jitter on all digital channels of 50 to 100 ps.
- +24dBu I/O: This optional version raises the maximum input and output level of the 16 analog inputs and outputs from +20dBu to +24dBu, which then complies with the SMPTE standard. Contact you Front End Audio sales rep form pricing and avaialbility.
- CV Out: The CV version allows the output of DC voltage at the analog outputs of the Pulse16. This allows control voltages (CV) to be generated via a CV plugin in a DAW, allowing to control modular systems. Contact you Front End Audio sales rep form pricing and avaialbility.
Ferrofish Pulse 16 AD/DA Converter Features
- Cirrus Logic 24 Bit / 96 kHz converter
- 16x16 analog I/O channels
- 16x16 ADAT I/O channels in 2x2 TOSLINK ports
- Full 16x16 analog channel count
- Wordclock I/O (BNC)
- MIDI I/O for remote control
- 2 x TFT screens giving complete control
- Proprietary circuit for active jitter reduction
- Input sensitivity of all analog channels can
- Output levels of all analog channels can
- Headphone Output
- Fan-less design - no noise
- 1HE, 19" solid metal chassis
Ferrofish Pulse 16 AD/DA Converter Includes
- Pulse 16 AD/DA Converter
- Power Supply
- Warrant Information
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review