elysia museq Equalizer
The elysia museq Equalizer is a combination of premium sound shaping capabilities with optimally matched parameters and the highest quality components, enabling the user to find musical results quickly and easily. The five bands and their ample gain ranges as well as some special features make sure that the museq can be used flexibly in any tracking or mixing situation.
The elysia museq Equalizer is a combination of premium sound shaping capabilities with optimally matched parameters and the highest quality components, enabling the user to find musical results quickly and easily. The five bands and their ample gain ranges as well as some special features make sure that the elysia museq can be used flexibly in any tracking or mixing situation, and the stepped controllers are easily repeatable for mix bus or mastering applications.
Each of the two channels offers three parametric bands with a two-position switchable Q. The outer bands per side are low/high shelf designs which can be separately switched into a low/high cut mode. In the cut mode, a resonance peak keeps the knee frequency from sounding overly damped, reminiscent of inductor circuits in classic designs.
Each of the five gain controllers per side can be altered from boost to cut with a single switch, for easy location of problem frequencies and twice the number of available gain steps. Each channels has a switchable option for adding strong harmonic color of the signal, making two EQs in one. Many will prefer the color setting for mix use and the clean for tracking, but this is up to you to discover.
The circuit design of the elysia museq is 100% discrete analog technology. All signal processing is realized with single transistors in permanent class-A mode, and even the power supply is composed of fully discrete circuits. An oversized transformer, selected capsuled conductive plastic potentiometers as well as special current feedback amplifiers are part of the technical refinement. The combination of these elements aims at maximum signal quality and guarantees clean and powerful sound characteristics even when extreme settings are used.
elysia museq Equalizer Features
- 100% Discrete Class-A: As a true elysia specialty, the museq is completely based on discrete circuitry and does not use any integrated circuits at all.
- Active Bandpasses with FETs: The filter stages are completely active and benefit from a puristic design approach without coupling capacitors â" the basis for a truly musical EQ.
- Resonance High & Low Pass Filters: The outer shelving filters can be switched into high and low pass filters which feature an additional resonance peak as a very useful specialty.
- Parallel Filter Design: A special circuit trick makes it possible to leave the high and middle frequencies completely untouched when using the high and low pass filters.
- Warm Mode: The museq offers a second, switchable sound flavor by altering its frequency spectrum, harmonics and transient response.
- Pure Transparency Path: The puristic design of the filter stages with current feedback amplifier stages and without any coupling capacitors results in an outstanding sound quality.
- Boost/Cut Mode: The boost/cut switch generates twice the number of values to be set with the 23 step potentiometers than the usual -/0/+ arrangement would offer.
- Switchable Filter Quality: The filter quality can be switched from a wide to a narrow Q factor which remains independent from the setting of the gain controller.
- Stepped & Matched Potentiometers: All potentiometers on the museq have 23 steps and are matched to build stereo pairs by a software routine that has been written just for this purpose.
- Technical Data: If you are interested in learning more about typical measurements and technical specifications of the museq, this is the right place to check.
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review