DPA 4071 Omnidirectional Miniature Microphone w/ Presence Boost
DPA 4071 Omnidirectional Microphone w/ Presence Boost
DPA 4071 Omnidirectional Microphone w/ Presence Boost Details
An outstanding speech and vocal mic, the 4071 will make your voice heard and intelligible. Use it for all ENG/EFP and even applications which require small microphones that are resistant to moisture, extreme temperature change and humidity.
When recording voices from mic placement on a performer's body, no frequency below 100 Hz is attractive. For this reason, an acoustical low-cut has been incorporated in the 4071 capsule so the built-in pre amp (and the wireless system) will have much larger headroom. Furthermore, it removes distant rumbling from cars, trains, airplanes, etc.
Another and equally important consideration is that when placing a microphone on the body, espcially on the chest, the frequency range of the consonants is damped, resulting in poor intelligibility. The 4071 has a built-in boost to compensate for this loss. Especially for ENG work the 4071 is perfect because almost no ENG mixer leaves any possibility for a compensation of this kind.
The 4071 features a specially designed, fixed microphone grid with a soft presence boost of typically 5 dB at 4 to 6 kHz. Speech intelligibility, clarity and definition of voices and instruments lie within the area that the 4071 grid boosts. For full technical specs, please click the Specifications tab above.
DPA 4071 Applications
Typical applications are ENG/EFP use on the reporter in studio or in the field, or film production use, with hidden microphone placements on the actors.
DPA 4071 Related Microphones
The FMK4071 film microphone kit is made for film or TV production where the microphone needs to be invisible. The EMK4071 ENG/EFP microphone kit is configured to include the mic and accessories necessary for electronic news gathering and electronic field production.
DPA 4071 Omnidirectional Microphone w/ Presence Boost Specifications
- Directional characteristics: Omnidirectional
- Principle of operation: Pressure
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser element with vertical diaphragm
- Frequency range, Â± 2 dB: 100 Hz "" 15 kHz with typ. 5 dB soft boost at 4 "" 6 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal, Â±3 dB: 6 mV/Pa ved 1 kHz; -44.4 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level A-weighted: Typ. 26 dB(A) re. 20 ÂµPa (max. 28 dB(A))
- Equiv. noise level ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 38 dB (max. 40 dB)
- S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 68 dB (A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): < 1 % THD up to 123 dB SPL peak; < 1 % up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range: Typ. 97 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 144 dB
- Output impedance: 30 "" 40 ohm
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft)
- Power supply: For wireless systems: Min. 5 V "" max. 50 V through DPA adapter. With DAD6001-BC/DAD6024/DAD4099: 48 V phantom power Â±4 V for full performance.
- Connector: MicroDot
- Color: Black, beige or white
- Microphone weight: 9 g (0.32 oz) incl. cable and MicroDot connector
- Microphone diameter: 5.4 mm (0.2 in)
- Microphone length: 17 mm (0.67 in)
- Cable length: 1.8 m (5.9 ft)
- Cable diameter: 1.6 mm (0.06 in)
- Polarity: Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage on MicroDot pin
- Operating temperature range: -10 to 45°C (14 to 113°F)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review