DPA d:facto II Handheld Vocal Microphone
DPA d:facto II Handheld Vocal MicrophoneDPA d:facto II Handheld Vocal Microphone Details
Equally at home in sound reinforcement and recording applications, the DPA d:facto is a high quality stage vocal microphone with extraordinary natural sound, high separation from nearby sound sources and extreme sound level handling.
Its supercardioid pattern and superb definition gives high separation and true sound color on stage, equally suitable for PA amplification and recording.
A robust three-stage pop protection grid built into the microphone removes unwanted noise.
The d:facto II provides improved audio performance as it is superbly linear in frequency and phase, both on- and off-axis, while its impressive definition and accuracy reproduces a singer"?s voice effortlessly.
The new d:facto II guarantees users exceptional DPA sound with popular existing wireless systems such as Sony, Lectrosonics, Shure, Wisycom and Sennheiser. Click to see compatible systems
The flexibility of its adapter system gives the user simple and very affordable possibilities of choosing either a wired DPA handle or the professional wireless system of their choosing, with no loss in the sound quality.
DPA d:facto II Handheld Vocal Microphone Features
- Adapters for wireless systems
- Extraordinarily natural sound
- High separation
- Extreme SPL handling: 160 dB
- Superb definition
DPA d:facto II Handheld Vocal Microphone Specifications
- Directional pattern: Supercardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB, at 12 cm (4.7 in): 100 Hz - 16 kHz with 3 dB soft boost at 12 kHz. Permanent 3rd order low-cut filter (-3 dB at 80 Hz).
- Sensitivity, nominal, ± 2 dB at 1 kHz: 5 mV/Pa; -46 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Typ. 19 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 21 dB(A))
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): Typ. 75 dB(A)
- Dynamic range: Typ. 120 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 160 dB
- Power supply (for full specifications): 48 V Phantom power (± 4 V)
- Color: Matte black
- Microphone weight: 309 g (10.9 oz)
- Microphone diameter: 52 mm (2.05 in)
- Capsule diameter: 19 mm (0.75 in)
- Microphone length: 205 mm (8.1 in)
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Void of ridiculous proximity effects, this microphone does great in reproducing the original source while maintaining crips top end,smooth mids and tight low end, all while giving you high gain before feedback.
Most everyone that sang through it sounded great (very natural-sounding). For the two that didn't I’m inclined to think that their mic technique might be more to blame than the microphone.
It’s a keeper!
I also used it to mic up a mandolin and it sounded just like a mandolin should; not sort of like a mandolin, but exactly like a mandolin (to my ears)!
I also used it to mic up an acoustic guitar and banjo in a bluegrass band. I had a Shure SM81 on a stand, ready to go, but the banjo player grabbed the mic stand holding the DPA mic and moved in front of his banjo, before I could get the SM81 in place, so I let it go and used the DPA instead.
Both instruments sounded just like they should (to my ears). Very natural.
It’s nice to know I can use this mic for some instruments as well as vocals.
(Note: had to cut the review short because of a character limit but Kudos to Front End Audio for outstanding customer service getting this mic to me on very short notice).